Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What I Did At the Crop - Part 1 of 3

My annual Christmas Card page (I save the photo cards).


In a total scraplift of Karen's layout from last July, I did this layout
about how I see my world now that I'm learning photography. 


Not my greatest work, but I just wanted a simple and done for this topic!


Becca attending Peter's Junior prom. 
OMG - that's my baby growing up way too fast!



My first "One Little Word" monthly page from the
Ali Edward's course over at BPC. This is true hybrid
work - a mixture of printed on the computer with
actual scrap papers and embellishments and was a
definite stretch for me!  And yes, I spilled hot water
on one of the cards! But I'm embracing imperfection
here.  Otherwise this page would still be in the works!
 

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, great productivity and layouts! I have my Christmas cards right beside the craft table to do a similar layout; just might need to work on it this evening since all my chores are done. :>)

Amy said...

My goodness you were productive Cheri! I'm glad you are embracing imperfection - we would have never known the misshap!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Wow, my friend, you have been BUSY! Good for you!

Your water mis-hap reminds me of one of my crop friends who has three rules of cropping:

1) Don't show me EVERY photo you have;
2) Don't constantly ask me to approve your page; and
3) DON'T put your drink on the table.

It cracks me up, but I love her honesty and we all abide by her rules. :o)

Kelly Miller said...

Loved the surprise of seeing my cuties in your top photo. And I adore that bottom piece. It's gorgeous!

scrappyjacky said...

You certainly got loads done,Cheri.....some lovely pages.
Really like what you've done with the 'one little word' page....the water just adds to the individuality!!

Sian said...

Great stuff! I love that photo card page - what a fantastic way to be able to look back at all those smiling faces in years to come.

Anonymous said...

Wow, if this is just one of three you were incredibly productive. I love the photo card page and your July 4th page is fabulous. I'm a big fan of white space. The One Little Word page looks like a lot of work! Well done; I'm looking forward to the next installments.

alexa said...

Love that quote about the camera ... and the 4th July page is my favourite - you do vibrant really well!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Just wow!!

Anonymous said...

Wow you got a LOT done! Love the OLW page!

quiltingfool said...

I love them all! Is there anyone I know on the photo card page? What a great idea. I keep all my photocards, but have never done anything with them. I have so much to learn from you!

humel said...

Omigosh - how productive were you?! And it's all fab!

Though now (again!!) I want to sign up for Ali's olw class, aaaargh!! I will be strong! I will remember that I'm saving up for the Tim Holtz class shop! I will enjoy looking at your work lots though! xx