Friday, May 13, 2011

Picture Inspiration 12/52

"Mysterious Ways"

That isn't a water droplet, it is something internal to the flower that oozes out from the stigma (the tip of the pistil).  Isn't it amazing what you can learn on Google?

So why is this flower weeping?

And for those of you who are curious, this is almost "larger than life".

The photo was taken with a Canon Powershot SD1400IS in program mode with the macro setting on and flash off.  Post processing was limited to a very slight lightening of the shadows and a very slight sharpen.  It was actually pretty decent SOOC.

I'm guessing that a DSLR with a macro lens and a photographer who knew how to use it would produce a crisper image with more detail, but for my purposes, right now I'm pretty happy with my little point and shoot!

6 comments:

Rachel Holaday said...

Beautiful! I love lilies so...

Anonymous said...

You should be! It's gorgeous!!!

Kelly Miller said...

What's the name of the flower? I love that it "weeps."

scrappyjacky said...

That's a wonderful shot,Cheri....I'm pretty happy with the macro setting on my point and shoot as well....it's taking indoor pictures that seem to let it down.

Melissa said...

Oh my, that is a great photo!

WendyB said...

Great shot Cheri, I love lilies.