Saturday, May 28, 2011

Meet My Best Girls - Chapter Three

Last, but by no means least, Deanna:

My sister, my best friend.  Younger by four years, yet I don't remember my life without Deanna in it.  Not to say we didn't have our share of sibling rivalry... and sharing a room our entire childhood was challenging... but I love this girl... and we survived, together, through a lot of ugliness.

As we were raised - in a Brady Bunch style his, mine, ours, and a few others household - I clearly held the role of eldest and Deanna fell into the role of middle child early on.  She is the peace keeper. She has a gentle soul.  She hates conflict. She loves horses, the ocean, and her family.





Deanna dabbled in scrapbooking and the "biz" with Krystal and I, but her heart is at the barn.

This is the canvas I made for Deanna:


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet again I am in total awe at your beautiful canvas. What shines trough on all of them is your love and pride in your best girls. To have a bunch of friends like those is a true blessing.

Amy said...

There is definitiely a family resembalance between you and your sister Cheri - beautiful women :-)

I have loved seeing the canvas art you have made for your treasured friends, they are all beautiful and I am sure their art will be loved for years to come!

Amy said...

It would help if I could spell ;-)

scrappyjacky said...

Another beautiful canvas, Cheri....so personal and unique....and,I too,can see the family resemblance.

Lorraine said...

The canvas is amazing. I would love to learn how to put one of these together?

humel said...

I saw the pic first and thought 'Cheri's friend looks very like her! Is it her sister?' - and yes, she is! How lovely to meet her :) And this is another gorgeous canvas xx

Rachel Holaday said...

Beautiful canvas! LOVE the horse - gorgeous!

Jo said...

A lovely post and a beautiful canvas

Abi said...

lovely canvas! So talented. xxx

debs14 said...

Lovely canvas. And you look so much like your sister. Which obviously means you look four years younger than you really are ;-)

furrypig said...

I also think your sister and you are alike! Glad to meet her and see your glorious art work again wow!

Cheryl said...

What another lovely canvas Cheri and you and your sister look so alike x

Ginger said...

Cheri I have read each of the posts about your friends and how delightful it has been :) your sister definitely looks like you! Your canvases are beautiful and I'm sure the women thought so as well!

Anonymous said...

There's certainly a wonderful family resemblance! I love the quote on your sister's canvas, and like the others, I'm awed by all of them.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

When I first saw the photo my first thought was, "Wow - she looks a lot like Cheri." How wonderful to have a sister who is also a good friend (I have one of those myself!) and the canvas you made for her is adorable! I'm sure she loved it. xo

Cheryl said...

I so loved reading about your friends and seeing your beautiful She Art. It sounds like you have a wonderful circle of girlfriends. So glad you got to have a fun weekend with them!

Unknown said...

No one would ever be able to tell you're relateld! J/K! Another great piece of art/heart/she art! Fabulous - as are you!