Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Love Your Pictures

Today's prompt (eight) asked us to focus on the skies. Well, here is mine today:

Yes, a whole lot of nothing. Just grey and rain.  But I am not complaining. We desperately NEED the rain! Here's why:

I took this photo yesterday doing the Prompt Seven depth of field study. You heard me right, YESTERDAY! And yes, in some areas of my yard it looks more like late October than mid-July. After two weeks of record-high temperatures with no rain, a few of our trees got very stressed and started dropping their leaves. Watering is quite cost-prohibitive around here, so we let the grass and trees go with Mother Nature and we just water the flowering plants.

The good news is our skies don't always look so grey and our trees aren't always so unhappy. Here's a shot I caught several weeks ago:

See, blue skies, green trees and grass, no leaves on the ground!

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Your sky looks a bit like ours today.....how the weather in Pennsylvania and that in Sussex can mirror each other over the past 3 weeks I just don't know!!

quiltingfool said...

I miss seeing your postings on "Picture Summer".

humel said...

That shot with the leaves is amazing - but yes, it does look autumnal! And our skies look much the same today...

Sian said...

Yes, that's what our sky looks like today too..and just as I had decided that if I took a good sky photo I could use it as a new header!

Seth said...

I love the middle shot of the leaves. Stunning angle.