Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp - Three

I have purposely avoided the Flickr gallery and the CBC boot camp site, as I did not want my interpretation of the "multi-layered" prompt to be affected by what other campers might be doing. My first thought with "multi-layered" was to open the Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl I bought and make a strawberry shortcake! But I had neither the ingredients nor the inspiration to do so and thought it way too obvious anyway.

So I did this. From what I've seen among my blog friends, the concept that we, as women, are multi-layered creatures is not an original thought. But I combined that concept with my work in PSE8 where everything is based on layers - layers upon layers to create a single image that hopefully conveys the feeling and emotion I was striving for.  What do you think?

Credits:  All papers are from Vicki Stegal's "Tattered and Torn Templates".

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Very cool! I like it. :)

debs14 said...

Very clever! A very original take on the prompt.

scrappyjacky said...

I love your interpretation, Cheri....I would never have thought about all the layers in photo editing...the distressed layers work so well.....and it's a great quote.

quiltingfool said...

I think.......you will never use that trifle bowl! (but if you do, I have some great recipes).

Layout is great, I love the heirloom look of the layers. You were such an adorable little girl! You have such amazing talent and creativity.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I really love what you did with this. I especially love the positioning of the camera relative to the two versions of you. Really thought provoking. I also really like the edges you gave to all the different layers - I guess I just like everything about it!
Rinda

Mary Lesh said...

Fabulous idea and fantastic job of showing it.

Unknown said...

I love it! Both the layers of the layout and the 'layers' of the quote... very awesome interpretation!!

Cheryl said...

This is SO cool!