Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Documenting The Everyday - Week 30

The week 30 challenge was to document Smash Style.

I started with this beautiful textured background:

And then proceeded to almost completely obliterate it with the stuff of everyday life!
No tips-in, pockets, or add-ons this week. Just a simple two page spread.  It felt liberating not have to write something every day, but just to layer on some little piece of my life from that day. Seeing this page done, I think I want to work on lettering and making those little notations more interesting to read. I could also add a bit more texture on top of all of this "stuff"... hmmm....

4 comments:

Barbara Eads said...

Great pages. I see you saw "Lucy." Was it good? I haven't seen it yet, but am thinking about it for Movie Monday.

Karen said...

Love the color and the texture! On my list to try!

Carola Bartz said...

I love to keep the everyday life, and you did it so beautifully. The background of the page is one of my favorite colors (beside orange). I especially like the images of seed packages you included.

Melissa said...

I love the collage look of all those bits & pieces!