Monday, April 21, 2014

A Year of Kindness - Challenge Week 16

Did you have fun playing last week? Self-care is an important thing and play needs to be a part of it. At least that is what I'm hearing in Brene Brown's "Gifts of Imperfection" class. Yes, I did play! Remember this unfinished canvas background that I showed you last week?

Well, this is where it finished:
My white Liquitex ink had turned chunky from lack of use, but still worked better than the white acrylic paints for the "drippies".  Pretty happy with the final result. Love working with this color scheme.

A new week means a new challenge. And this week, in honor of Earth Day which is on Tuesday, I'm focusing on being kind to Mother Earth. My challenge to you for this week - PLANT A TREE!  If you can't plant a tree literally, you can figuratively by clicking on the link and donating to The Canopy Project which will plant one tree for every dollar donated. And the trees are planted all over the world - Haiti, Uganda, the United States, Canada, several European countries, Japan, Australia... you get the idea.  And okay, if trees aren't your thing and you can't afford a donation, then how about a bush? Some flowers? Anything to promote the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide works! Please let me know what you plant!

8 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Ahhh - this one might be easy for me to do NEXT week. As we picked up keys yesterday my mind started running on ideas for the garden immediately. Including a new native hedge in front of the window... which will of course be about twenty trees :lol:

Karen said...

Those colors are gorgeous! There will be lots of planing here this week as we bought pansies for the pots on the porch and to mix in with the daffodils. They're the only flower we can be pretty sure will survive the ups and downs of the temperatures for the next couple weeks. The tree is coming---in memory of my friend, Marie, but probably not for a few more weeks.

Sian said...

Cool idea. I like this one! We have been doing a lot of weeding in our garden this weekend, maybe it's time to think about what to put back

scrappyjacky said...

Echoing Sian on this one....I don't think we'll be planting a tree this week....but I'm definately going to do some planting.
Last week I enjoyed doing some more of my embroidered hoops....they're getting a bit addictive!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we have reached week 16 already! I intend to do some planting in a couple of weeks when we have our next bank holiday.

Melissa said...

You're doing a great job coming up with these challenges, Cheri! This is a great one for this week - we planted a tree in our front yard the year we moved in here - maybe this will be the year I plant some flowers or a new bush to spruce up the drive-up appeal!

Carola Bartz said...

This is a beautiful color scheme! All warm colors, happy and sunny - I call these good mood colors.

Well, I didn't plant a tree (in CA this is not the season to plant a tree - that would be fall), but if you look at my garden you can easily see that I have a big heart for flowers and plants - especially if they contribute to the wildlife habitat I'm slowly "building" up.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Beautiful! I treated myself to a hot tub and massage this week.
Rinda