Thursday, September 18, 2014

Scavenger Hunt - 4 Playing Catch Up

It has been awhile since I've posted any Scavenger Hunt photos. So here goes...

#2 - A garden gnome.  I've been on the look-out for one of these guys since forever June. And never saw one. Well, as it turns out, he wasn't visible from the street. This little guy is on the porch of the house directly across the street from me! And I would have never known had I not been outside taking a photo of a hot air balloon and discussing the Scavenger Hunt with my next door neighbor.

#12 A Mascot. I am not a sports fan and don't get to games. So when we went to Bloomsburg last Friday to take Rachel & Becca out to lunch for their 21st birthday (yes, my babies are 21... YIKES!) I asked them to take me to the bookstore so I could get this photo.

#14 - A Parade.... of college students on the Bloomsburg campus. Which is apparently as close to a parade as I'm going to get this Summer!

#18  A Waterfall.  This was taken in Putnam CT. Jay and I went to "Mystic Country" over Labor Day weekend to visit antique shops. I was so happy to find this... not just one waterfall... if you look closely you can count at least five different spots that have water tumbling down!

#20 A Bus with a picture painted on it.  I have come to the conclusion that buses here in the northeastern United States are BORING! Most of them have the name of the bus company and a few stripes painted down the side. That's it. No pictures. We did spot this one on the drive to Connecticut and I managed to snap a picture from the passenger seat.

Alternative A - A Hot Air Balloon. Believe it or not, this photo was taken from my front yard. I was sitting at my computer when I heard the sound of the balloon. So I grabbed my camera (this is one of only a few not taken on the iPhone!) and headed outside. It was almost sunset. This balloon was riding so low, it skimmed the top of the trees and went right over my roof! I suspect they ended up landing in the soccer field behind the grocery store. My next door neighbor was also out taking pictures. I told her about the Scavenger Hunt. And that is when I learned our neighbor across the street had a gnome.
Alternative B - A Bird House.  Found this one this past weekend when Jay and I were at an antique store up in Allentown (no, I didn't buy it - took the photo in the store). Love the weathered look and the faucet handles as perches!

Which leaves me needing an urban street scene, a rural landscape, a photo bomb, and the ever elusive birds on wire...  I have been seeing birds on wires lately... always when I am driving and always on roadways where there is NO PLACE to pull over. Never out on a walk in my own neighborhood. That would be too easy, right? I'll be right down to the last minute getting these last few photos in! With my travel schedule, I will probably have to post my last few (IF I can get them) via iPhone to Facebook!

8 comments:

helena said...

amazing to see that big balloon so close to home and funny for me to see the same megabus man that I see on their buses in UK

Sian said...

There's something about that mascot photo I really like. I think because it has the pile of shirts and the mascot and the poster it tells the whole story of being a fan and it reminds me of how amazed I was by all the printed t shirts the first time I visited the US. We didn't really have tshirts like that where I came from. We do now, but we didn't all those years ago

scrappyjacky said...

Love the bus....we have pictures on lots of our buses....I just never have a camera at the right time!!

Karen said...

You found some great ones. I LOVE that bus. That turned out to be one of the hardest ones for me. The birds on a wire is hard, too. I got it, but it sure wasn't easy. The waterfalls are gorgeous, and I love the parade, too. Good thinking!

Barbara Eads said...

Great photos!! That little garden gnome is adorable!

Jo.C said...

Didn't realise the mega us was from US. Love the balloon photo :)

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

You won't believe this but this week I randomly took a picture of my daughters, which was photo bombed by my niece. some beautiful sunset landscapes of the Oklahoma prairie and the birds on the five wires that cross my backyard here in OKC. Life is stranger than fiction, indeed. Love the blog.

Missus Wookie said...

I like that mascot photo - the bright orange made me smile. Gorgeous balloon too.