Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Plans

Having seen a few of my blog friends post rather specific Summer plans, and feeling somewhat disorganized myself, I decided to borrow their ideas and create my own Summer Plan. Even though I still work full time and my kids are all adults now, I do feel a loss of routine and a sense of floundering when Summer hits and they are home from college and underfoot.

For my Summer Plans layout,  I pulled heavily from Lee's design and Rinda's list for my inspiration.  And here is what I came up with using one of those photos that I was up at 1 a.m. editing (you've already seen more of my middle-of-the-night editing work in my Shifting Perspectives layout):

Note - this is NOT the same flower as in Shifting Perspectives.  These tiger lilies are in the front shrub bed and are a much paler yellow (not orange). But to me, the lilies really signify the arrival of Summer. We'll have dark red day lilies blooming in a few more weeks too! 

Having taken the time to jot all this down in a notebook (with far more detail than is included in the layout) I now feel so much more prepared for Summer!  What about you? Do you plan your Summer time in detail or are you spontaneous and free with your time?



10 comments:

Barbara Eads said...

That's beautiful!

Amy said...

We have never made specific holidays plans, other than we are going here or here and hope to see whatever at some stage. I am planning to make a bucket list for our winter term break, which starts in a week, nothing timetabled for each day, but a list of possibilities.

That photo is superb but I am sorry to hear you have a funeral to attend this weekend.

scrappyjacky said...

Our day lilies have a way to go before they are in bloom....due to our non-existent Spring,I think. We also have a way to go til our summer break...so I'll be making some more detailed plans in a few weeks.

Sian said...

Sometimes I'm in a planning kind of a mood and sometimes I like to play it by ear. I am a little envious of anyone with a summer of fun with little kids stretching ahead of them..which, when I was in the middle of, I never thought I'd say!

Karen said...

I'll be curious to see what you come up with for the storage of mixed media. I pulled all of mine out before our trip to consolidate in a "suitcase" that I saw on Pinterest, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Our summer is going to be busier than we expected. I have an ongoing list of projects and try to choose something from it whenever I can. I just finished editing the holiday photos we'd like to share on SmugMug, and now I have to choose from those for blog posts.

Missus Wookie said...

Sorry to see the funeral but hope it goes smoothly. Remodeling and lots of classes sound busy but productive. We're hanging on around here at the moment - lots of plans for a staycation and sorting ready to move.

Felicity said...

looks beautiful, good idea!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Lovely flower; I do enjoy having my list of plans. Maybe I'll do a post on my mixed media storage (just lots of different bins for different media really).
Rinda

Melissa said...

You've probably already guessed that I'm a planner! LOL We really didn't make many plans this summer - the twins visited last week & we have a road trip later in July, but otherwise we're home with just our regular weekly routines. Of course, I am looking forward to that last item on your travel list!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love the list, Cheri. My plan for summer includes staying out of the heat. I dread it more and more every summer, but the good news is that June is almost over. It will go quickly, I'm sure.

Can't wait to read your plans for fall. ;o)