Friday, June 21, 2013

Mixing It Up

If you've been paying attention to my posts lately, you'll notice that I'm participating in a ridiculous number of online classes/challenges right now.  Yes, I'm having a bit of an issue with keeping up, but I'm one determined lady and I'm LOVING all the creating!  You've already seen me combine Finding Your Photo Style with the Summer of Color challenge with some lovely results (IMHO).  I've also combined the assignments for Being Me (which you can still sign up for - ladies are joining daily!) with the Summer of Color challenge.

So Week 2 of Being Me we were tasked to create a personal manifesto. I combined that with SOC week one colors turquoise and citron:

And if these statements sound familiar, most of them came right out of my One Little Word "DARE" intentions for 2013!

Week 3 of Being Me was another writing exercise, the end result of which was to create a list of  5 things we will say "YES" to - which should be the core things that we need most in our life right now.  I limited the list to 3 because the way I wrote it, it covered a LOT... and combined it with SOC week two colors hot pink and orange:

This mixed media page started with stamping textures on a white background, using magenta mixed with varying amounts of white. Next I added in a watered-down "wash" of pink and oranges (almost coral). Then I decoupaged on several different bits of tissue paper and decorative paper napkin.  Added more texture on top of that with pink and white stamping with found objects and hand-painted the word "Yes".  I really was able to "get into the zone" while creating this one and was thrilled with the final piece.  


10 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

SO much fun, Cheri! Love your pieces, and this has me itching to create some collage art this weekend.

Alison said...

Your mixed media pages are always so awesome, Cheri and the colour combos are wonderful on these!
Alison xx

Sian said...

What the others have said! I just love your mixed media so much. You're on a roll..go with it

Cheryl said...

*Gasp!* These pages are GORGEOUS! Love, love, love them!

Missus Wookie said...

Glad you are enjoying the creating as we're enjoying seeing the results. really like the bright colours and positive words you've combined here.

scrappyjacky said...

Wonderful pages,Cheri.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I have always found the combining classes works. I'm letting Projects that Wow go a bit, but I'm looking forward to a journaling class that starts on Monday.
Rinda

Karen said...

I love the colors of both pieces, and you make me want to get back into my art journal. It's calling me, but not until I finish up the vacation photos, and two other photography projects. My online class madness starts in July.

Melissa said...

These pages look great! I'm right there with you on the creativity, relationships & health.

Christine said...

love your SOC page!