Saturday, June 1, 2013

One Little Word Blog Hop - May

Whether you arrived here from Lee's Blog as part of the One Little Word Blog Hop, or you are here because you love me and drop by regularly... Welcome! I love visitors! The One Little Word Blog Hop is a monthly hop run by Lee for members of Ali Edwards' One Little Word class over at Big Picture Classes. The hop goes live on Saturday at 6:00 a.m.  You can always check back later if someone's post isn't live yet.

The May assignment for One Little Word was to listen to the messages that we are getting from the Universe that resonate with us and to capture those on little artsy cards.  I waited until nearly the end of the month to actually execute the assignment, but spent the whole month listening for those messages. I used techniques from the  Get Artsy class by Mou Saha over at Big Picture Classes to create the background for my cards and then added washi tape and a few little embellishments at the end. This is what I came up with:

It is nearly impossible to tell from the photo, but the word "Joy" and the butterflies are a shiny blue foil transparency material and really add some sparkle and shine to the spread. The background was created using watercolors and modeling paste with a stencil.

My major "DARE" for May was to participate in and complete the LOAD challenge. And I did! At least one new layout every day for 31 days. And if I include the 33 pages that I completed for Sarah's baby album, my total for the month (I haven't finished counting yet) is about 70 pages! That is a record for me.

To close out May, here's my tracker: 
I'm still eating mostly Paleo and doing very well with it. Those four little sad face days are the ones that I indulged in dessert of some sort.  But hey, if you are having your birthday dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, you really HAVE to finish it off with a piece of cheesecake, right?

If you are continuing on in the hop, your next stop is  Naomi's  Blog.

And just in case you get lost, here's the entire list:

11 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

That's an amazing number of pages,Cheri...more than I make in a year!!! Brilliant.

michelle said...

Wow, watercolor and modeling clay. Very out of the box, I love it. Great job.

scrappysue said...

Hi Cheri, just wanted to pop by as i Can't get into my flickr account (you should have seen me panicking yesterday, my final LO and no way of getting into flickr, was I MAD!). Uploaded the app on my phone instead, took me an age to work it all out; good thing I did as I had tagged one of the days wrong. Anyhow, first I wanted to congratulate you on the daily prize thingie and second sorry I didn't add credits to my final LO, I can hardly see to type on my phone; the template was a Jessica Sprague Photoshop Friday (calendar LO) 2012 number 21. You have to make all the photo masks yourself, so it did take some time, but it was really motivating to fill up those squares, plus I had a ton of fun changing up with the LOAD theme!

Many congrats on completing LOAD, I found it a huge challenge, but I am so glad I did it! Have a great weekend! x

scrappysue said...

Ack sorry about all the typos, I really should read things before I post them!

Missus Wookie said...

What a lovely set of words and such gorgeous textures. Really do need to dig out my modelling pastes and play.

Do what matters most is one I repeat to myself in a spectrum of versions.

MellyBird said...

That is one incredible tracker! I am so impressed (and slightly envious) of your completing 70 pages! WHOOOHOOO!!! You are an inspiration!

September Blue said...

What an accomplishment! The background on the cards is gorgeous! I wish I had the patience to explore playing with mixed media. The "take the leap..." quote is great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats for finishing LOAD! That's so awesome! I failed, as usual. Maybe got one third of it done. lol! Wish I had more time to create. :)
Love your pretty quotes page!

Naomi said...

I absolutely love how you created texture on your cards! You are doing so well staying on track this year!

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration my friend! I really should make up a tracker for myself and get my act together. Some day I'll be back onto LOAD - I miss it. Congrats on all of the pages! love your cards. May was a stellar month for you!!

Lisa Allen said...

I always love coming to visit your OLW entries, even if I'm almost a month late :) Your work this month seems fresh and airy, and I think it's just gorgeous. Congrats on the LOAD, too!