1. What’s the title of the last book you read?
The last book I finished was The Infinite Sea, the second in the young adult The 5th Wave series. Great easy read and I'm now awaiting the third in the triology. Unfortunately not due out until next May. Right now I'm reading Rising Strong by Brene Brown. Highly recommend any of her books!
2. What is the last thing you cooked at home?
Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops. Paired with mashed sweet potatoes. Definitely a fall meal! It's fairly quick and easy and Jay really likes it.
3. What is your favorite thing about Fall?
It's a toss up for me between the colors - I love the red, orange and yellow in the trees with the sun streaming through - and the scents. There is something to be said for the scents that are generally only around this time of year!
|Layout created with Krystal Hartley's newest kit "Smells Like Fall"|
4. Share one thing that challenged you at some point over the last week.
The nasty head cold that I'm fighting. I actually called in sick on Monday and spent most of the day sleeping. I'm still working on getting better!
5. List three hobbies that you actively pursue or want to pursue.
Hobbies that are being actively pursued at the moment include folded book art, upcycling furniture, and our shop at Black Rose. Hobbies that I really want to get back to include scrapbooking, art journaling, and mixed media. Goodness I miss them!
6. What is the most recent sporting event you watched?
I think I caught a few minutes of an Eagles game last weekend. Seriously I'm not a sports fan unless my own girls are playing - and it has been awhile since they've played in anything I can watch. Sort of miss being a soccer mom!
7. Besides watching "live TV," what service do you use to watch TV or films (netflix, on demand, etc.)?
We frequently use On Demand to watch shows that aren't on until 10 p.m. (like Chicago Fire) - we see them the next day.
8. Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Yes. I actually picked up some Christmas gifts during the Summer!
9. Do you have any upcoming trips? Yes. But that is a story for another blog post - after Christmas.
10. Do you remember your dreams? Yes. But generally only for an hour or so after I wake up. After that the details get lost and become very hazy. Last night's dream involved an alien species trying to integrate with us humans. The last thing I remember before I woke up was walking around spreading carrot bits on the ground for the little alien critters. No, I have NO idea where it came from! I think lack of sleep from this cold is making me loopy.
What's happening in YOUR world???