Thursday, June 13, 2013

Finding Your Photo Style

As if you didn't already have enough proof that I'm an online class addict...  I signed up for "Finding Your Photo Style" at Big Picture Classes.  I signed up well before the class started... The class is already into it's fourth week, but I've only gotten started with it recently.

Week One with Maggie Holmes was all about color in your photography.  I grabbed these shots of Summer color around my home:
Then I decided it would be fun to use the photos throughout this course to create a series of layouts, and came up with this:
Which also happened to work for the first week's colors (citron green and turquoise) for The Summer of Color Challenge!

Week 2 with Elizabeth Dillow was all about using photography to tell a story. I haven't yet done the photos for that. Waiting for a new event to scrapbook! (I don't want to use old photos as I think that would be missing the point of the class).

Week 3 with Tracy Clark is about seeing the light and shooting the light. I had to wait for a sunny day, but was finally able to get these shots:

I thought this one was my best for capturing light:
That's a large potted plant in our sunroom and the pot itself happens to have a really cool texture that captures and reflects the light.

Here's the layout I created for Week 3:

Having learned the fine art of creating my own template from the Clean & Simple class, this digi layout is 100% me! Even the patterned papers are recolored to fit the photos!



8 comments:

MonicaB said...

Beautiful photos!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Cool photos and layouts, Cheri. I've enjoyed reading the materials in that class but haven't participated as much as I had thought I would in the beginning. I think I was hoping for more technical information, but I do enjoy the concept of learning about different styles of photography.

scrappyjacky said...

Such gorgeous bright colours,Cheri....very summery....and I want that vase!!

Jo.C said...

I love the light on the planter. It's like a big strawberry :0)

Karen said...

I passed on this one, but I'll be watching your blog for your layouts. Love the colors of the photos in both layouts! You are surely making good use of all you learned in Clean and Simple.

Amy said...

I love your idea of making a layout for the prompts!

Alison said...

I too love the light on that planter, Cheri..very effffective!
Alison xx

Missus Wookie said...

planning on working on those Clean and simple classes soon - the light and texture on that planter is gorgeous.