Monday, June 3, 2013

And now I'm 52

My birthday was last week, just in case you missed it. I am now 52 years young. I don't feel old, so must be I'm not, right?!

I wanted to say thanks to all my bloggy friends for making my birthday such a great day! I had so many well wishes on Facebook.  And then there was the happy mail...

 First came this adorable card and assortment of butterflies from Jacky.  This actually arrived well in advance of the actual day and I got to just admire it for awhile...
 Then came this happy package from Deb, which arrived the day before, but which I saved until my actual birthday to open.  And I've already put some of those K&Co embellies to use. So much lovely here!
 And then this package from Melissa, which arrived a day or two after the big day.  Those fabric butterflies are so pretty!
And somewhere in the mix, this card arrived from Karen - and with her big trip, I can't believe she thought of me and got a card in the mail!

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making my day so special - and for stretching it out over half the month!!!

On the actual day, Jacky posted about an online class... Being Me - 52 weeks of soul-searching and loving myself.  It's an art journaling class based on a weekly prompt.  Given the serendipity of the timing and the number, I decided for to celebrate being 52 by spending 52 weeks following these prompts and allowing myself time to get messy in my art journal at least once a week - it's a luxury I just haven't given myself the time for!  The first week has just been posted, so it's not to late to join in and play along (the art journaling is optional if you aren't into that and just want to check into the loving yourself part!).

9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

So pleased you no longer have a shortage of butterflies!!!!
Glad you had a special day....and you're as young as you feel!!
I thought the class sounded interesting....I like the idea behind it....though art journaling isn't really my thing...I'm hoping to be able to do something with it.

Sian said...

Happy Birthday!

Karen said...

That sounds like the perfect birthday challenge! Hope you had a great day!

Barbara Eads said...

52!! Still such a baby!! Glad you had a great birthday!

Alison said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday...with lots of Happy Mail to enjoy...hopefully there's another package about to turn up!
Alison xx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hooray for:
- lots of happy mail for your birthday
- a refreshed stash of butterflies
- being 52 (like me!)
- and blog friends

xo

Melissa said...

Definitely a great bunch of happy mail & how fun that it was spread out & arrived on different days! That sounds like the perfect class to celebrate your 52nd birthday - I'm off now to check it out!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!
I hope to be better about posting cards next year. I love that I can identify a Jacky card well before seeing the attribution.
rinda

Missus Wookie said...

Belated Birthday wishes! What a lovely idea to spend this year celebrating and learning to love each yourself more.