Monday, June 10, 2013

Finishing Out Get Artsy & Starting "Being Me"

I used the techniques in Week 4 to create my OLW pages for May.

Week 5 covered water colors and week 6 was about India inks.  I combined both of those lessons techniques (most of which I was very familiar with) to create this art journal layout:
The layout is actually my week 1 assignment for Being Me.  Lots of ladies are still signing up for this 52 week free course about loving yourself. Week 2 has been posted and I can say based on the first two weeks that there is plenty of good stuff happening here even if you just want to do the assignments in a notebook and not get artsy with it at all.  And if you want to get inspired, there is a good bit of creativity being shared on the Facebook group!

Having finished "Get Artsy" I can say I definitely enjoyed the class and love the layouts I created in response to the assignments. But I don't expect to see any more of these type of layouts appearing in my scrapbook albums any time soon. I prefer the freedom of using all the art stuff on art journal pages or mixed media work  where the final result is less important to me in terms of telling a story.  For scrapbooking, I think I'm really a digi girl at heart.

9 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

It's fun to see your journaling pages, Cheri, even though we know you love your digi. I do love the colors you used on these pages and of course, the butterflies.

Karen said...

The colors in these pages are just beautiful! I always enjoy your mixed media work.

Barbara Eads said...

Blue and green are my favorite colors together. And you have used them beautifully.

Amy said...

What I am liking is seeing how you use digital and physical product to achieve a distinctly 'Cheri' look - great to hear the class is so inspiring too!

scrappyjacky said...

Love those 2 colours together.
I'm getting lots of inspiration from 'Being Me' even though I'm not making art from it yet.

Melissa said...

You did a great job with Get Artsy. I completed a couple of layouts but didn't get through all the weeks of materials.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Congrats on getting so much done and stretching yourself. I have a Chinese ink set someone gave me last year that I'd like to try sometime.
Rinda

alexa said...

I too enjoy seeing your non digi side! The page just glows with that ethereal blue. Glad you have a nourishing routine ...

Missus Wookie said...

Your nourishing routine sounds so sensible - I need to restart mine. I like how both your digi and non-digi pages still shine with your creative style.