Thursday, June 27, 2013

Finding Your Photo Style

I finally went back and did the Week 2 assignment from Elizabeth Dillow which was to use photos to tell a story.  I think without any journaling, you can easily tell what this "story" is about.  I'll probably add a 6x12 page next to this to actually journal it and maybe include a couple more photos.  Add do you see it??? With Helena's instructions I got that thin white separating line in place!!!

Week 5 with Kate Parker was about finding unique photo shoot locations near your home and shooting photos with black and white in mind.  I was a bit frustrated that all of the instruction was geared toward taking your "subjects" (young children) to these locations you scout and shooting cute little kid photos. Of course that's not happening here, so I had to go out and find my own subjects. The young girl is Jay's niece Tammy, taken at the funeral luncheon.

10 comments:

Miriam said...

Finding children to photograph! Love it!! I love the b&w pictures.

scrapwordsmom said...

So happy you are taking my Being Me class. You are into all kinds of things...love it. Summer of Color and Elizabeth Dillow's class. Your pages are beautiful...love what you have done in the class so far:)

Leslie

Sian said...

I do like how you have told the story with the pictures. It's very effective.

Karen said...

I did a layout for LOAD with no journaling, and was surprised when I realized it didn't need any. I think your STORY layout stands alone well, but I'd be tempted to print out your wonderful blog post about the funeral and your realizations and tuck it in an envelope on the back.

helena said...

glad the white line instructions worked for you

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

So well done on all accounts, Cheri. I especially love your black and white photos. I will have an opportunity this weekend to take some photos of people, and I'm planning to play with black and white myself.

Have a great weekend!

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are both beautiful layouts.
Rinda

Alison said...

Love both of these..the B&W pics in the second, and the story in pics in the first!
Alison xx

Melissa said...

These both look great! I rarely have any "subjects" to take anywhere! LOL

alexa said...

Both of these are very strong pages ... And both tell their own story. But go-find-a-child? Hoping the rest of it has a wider more inclusive focus! Love that little purple square in the middle.