Friday, June 28, 2013

Scavenger Hunt - 2

Here is my submission for item #13 - a fence:
This felt like a massive practice shot for everything I've been learning in Photo Style - framing the subject, capturing the light, playing with post-processing filters... and I'm in love with the very dappled bokeh behind my little fluffy-tailed subject.

But just in case you happen to think that is a photo of a squirrel, not a fence, here's another one to fit the bill:
This one was finished off with a RadLab action called "Sparta" and I love the way it warmed up the colors. It's a shame that more fences around here aren't as beautiful as this one!

And not on the Scavenger Hunt list, but included just because he was such a willing subject, this not-quite-timid-enough-for-his-own-good baby bunny:



18 comments:

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

Beautiful work. I to love the warmth in that shot of the curving fence. Lovelyl

scrappyjacky said...

Love how you caught the squirrel.

Sian said...

The light is lovely! I love the squirrel, but I'm kind of taken by that rabbit shot too

Miriam said...

And I have fence envy! Beautiful images Cheri.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Beautiful shots, Cheri!!!

Karen said...

Fabulous photos! I've read a lot of good things about the Rad Lab actions.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Those first two in particular are spectacular shots, but I am crazy in love with the second one. You could put a quote on it and make it into a poster or card, as well.
Rinda (who always wants to put a quote on everything - LOL!)

quiltingfool said...

Love them all! gorgeous! Our bunnies aren't quite as cute as yours, and won't hang around for photos.

Alison said...

Love what you did with that second picture...and the squirrel and rabbit are just too cut!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

I love the squirrel on the fence. The fence looks like it is just holding itself together and it makes me wonder if it will fall when he jumps! I love photos that make you think of a story.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thanks for linking up!
Rinda

Nicky Stevenson said...

They are all lovely artistic photos, great pics for the challenge. I need to go hunt out a fence! Hope I find one as lovely as yours.

Missus Wookie said...

I like the squirrel photo. Rad Lab is on my list to buy and learn...

Textile Recycler said...

Love these pix!

Melissa said...

Wow, you are doing a great job with your photo skills! I'm finally taking Mastering Manual Mode, starting this month, so hopefully I'll get better with my camera.

alexa said...

Oh, I think that top one more than qualifies ;). Your camerawork is lovely. So clear and sharp in the foreground.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful photos, Cheri! Love your four-legged subjects. :)

JulieJ said...

Fantastic photo of the fence with the squirrel perched on top.