Sunday, March 1, 2020

One Little Word - RISE

February Update

I did not participate in Ali's February lesson to create a vision board.

Why not?

Because I had already done it in January!

This year I am using the Cultivate What Matters PowerSheets Goal Planner for yearly/monthly goal planning in an attempt to be very intentional about my goals for the year.  I bought the 2020 dated version which is completely sold out, but you can still get the six month undated version.

There was actually a page built into the planner for you do build a vision board on.. And I filled it with everything I hoped to manifest this year... health, fitness, creativity, decluttering, vacations, enjoying life, Becca's wedding, and my job search are all represented in this page.  No need to reinvent just for OLW.

At the beginning of each month, I revisit my goals for the year and decide what I'm working on for that month within that month's tab in the PowerSheets planner. 

I then transfer that information into my Plum Paper monthly/weekly planner which houses all my appointments, tasks, etc. I have the 7x9 planner with the horizontal notes/week layout. It may seem like a lot of work to keep two planners going, but I'm finding this to be a fantastic way to reconnect each month with my overall intentions for the year while still having a planner that I refer to daily for tasks, meals, appointments, etc. I also keep a daily gratitude journal on one of the monthly lined pages and have the Fitness Add On page each month to track steps, sleep, exercise, etc.

RISE and I are getting along just fine for now.  I'm making baby steps forward in a lot of areas, less progress in others, but overall doing well.  How are you getting along with your One Little Word?

4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

That is a great vision board. If your system works for you & keeps you moving forward, that's what is important. I have a simple daytimer & I use coloured markers to denote appointments & activities. I keep a separate gratitude journal.

Karen said...

Finding a planning system that works for you is so important. I've been using two journals/planners for the last couple of years and they keep me on track. Tracy thinks I should go digital, but I don't think it would work. I'm using two pages that I was able to download from Commit 30 in my OLW notebook, and I may move to their planner next year. I love the vision board!

Melissa said...

I'm doing pretty well with HEALTH. I did a couple of vision board pages in my planner for February's OLW assignment. Sounds like you and RISE are definitely getting along well.

alexa said...

That's a splendid motto: inhale, exhale, prevail - I like that a lot! Despite all the shocks and difficulties, you seem to be 'rising' above them, and making very focussed efforts in lots of directions. Cheering you on from here!