Monday, January 28, 2019

The Best of 2018

As with most years of my life, 2018 was a mix of fantastic, average good and very sad.

I got to visit Huntington Beach, CA (work trip), Boone NC (with my sis), New York City (family trip), Ocean City NJ (family vacation), Orlando FL (work trip), and Kauai, HI (getaway with Jay).

I made NINE trips to Maryland for work - gone an average of 3-4 days each time.

We lost our beloved pet Kira in August.  She was 17.  Thankfully, her sister Ashley is still going strong.  Ashley had been very sick in 2017 and we thought we were going to lose her then, so the fact that she has outlived Kira was a surprise to us.

Made with Tami Miller Designs Love Birds kit, currently on sale HERE.

I PLAYed more.

I lost some weight and gained most of it back (story of my life).

We had a lot of good family time.

I got a new car!  2019 Honda Pilot, dark grey.  Very nice ride.  I don't miss the Odyssey at all.

Becca passed all her PTA program exams and just has this semester of clinical rotations to finish, then the Boards and she'll be a Physical Therapy Assistant.  Lots of anxiety getting this far, but we are on the final stretch.  Mom could not be more proud!

"Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your CHOICE to either scream or to enjoy the ride." (unknown)    I'm choosing to enjoy the ride!  How about you?

6 comments:

Karen said...

I like this post---and especially the photos you chose. Lots of family time is always a win in my book! I've been thinking about the "best of 2019," but haven't gotten around to making a list.

debs14 said...

Your good times certainly outweighed the bad, much to be happy about when you look back over 2018!

Patio Postcards said...

Nice layout & I always like a list, which is a nice reflection of the ups of 2018. Sorry about your kitty girl, they do tangle around our hearts. Congratulations to your daughter Becca on her PTA designation, she'll always have a job - such high demand with the aging population!

Tanza Erlambang said...

nice reflection of 2018.
hope, we all will better in this year.
have a great day

alexa said...

Many congratulations to Becca - such a useful and helpful career to have, and I hope she really enjoys it. Lots of people will benefit from her care :). Your page is full of colour and happy things and faces - I am hoping that these outweigh the sadnesses ...

Carola Bartz said...

Good choice to enjoy the ride! Every year has its good and bad parts, and sometimes it is hard work not to get lost in the bad parts. I like your scrapbook layout.