Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Class and Card

12 days collage Remember back at the beginning of December when I said I was taking a "12 Days of Christmas" photography class?  Well, this collage is my final project, showcasing eight of the twelve techniques taught in class. I'm so happy with the way it turned out! I think I'm going to turn this collage into a scrapbook page! I learned two important things on my camera in the course of this class - how to set the white balance and how to change the focal points. I was hoping for more of those type of specific things - which buttons to push for what effects.  Despite that, I loved the class and I definitely think my photos were a bit better this Christmas! I still have editing to do to get them ready for scrapping and sharing. Guess that will come soon enough.

Christmas postcard
And this is the Christmas postcard that I made. In addition to cards that went to 30 something folks here in the states, I sent 10 postcards to friends in other countries. I hope you all got them! I used a portion of Krystal Hartley's new Mixed Media Mashups #1 as a template to get me started and the papers all came from an older kit by Aja Abney Designs called Christmas Shimmer Patterns for which I can't find a current link.  I had a lot of fun "playing" to put this together.

7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I got mine,Thank you,Cheri.....and very lovely it is.
I'm afraid I found Cheryl's class too difficult....at a time when my spare time was too limited to really play with my camera.
I did manage to take my first ever bokeh picture.....though too late to put on the forum!
Love your collage.

Alison said...

Got mine too thanks! Glad you found the course....must do one myself some day!
Alison xx

Missus Wookie said...

Well done on getting so many of the class challenges done. I've worked my way through a few - not enough to make a slideshow tho'. Pretty card too - I'm thinking next year's Christmas card might be digital. But then I do love the cutting and sticking so ;)

Karen said...

Beautiful! I'm still hoping to grab a few minutes tomorrow to make a collage of my Christmas images from 12 Days of Christmas. I was happy with the class, too, although I didn't get all of the assignments completed.

Melissa said...

I really like your Christmas card this year Cheri! I'm hoping to improve my photography skills this year & learn some more about my cameras.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Fantastic gathering of photos, and I loved the card!
rinda

Ginger said...

I got mine too Cheri and loved it when I saw it :) Such a beautiful mix of elements!