Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Simple Cards

I joined a group to do a birthday card swap.  The idea is to create 7 of the same card, send them to the hostess, get back 7 different cards created by 7 different people.  With limited time, I went for simple.

The first card I made was open ended - do anything you want:
I made this one based on cards a number of you had posted from a class you took!  All scraps ... I just pulled out a bunch that had colors matching the striped paper.  What a fantastic way to use up scraps!

For the second card we had to follow a sketch provided by the hostess.  Here's my take:
Again, all leftovers! In fact, I barely had enough of the floral print to eek out 7 cards.  And the cards have different sized gems on them. Making the stash work!!!

The swap was only 2 sets, but I was on a roll, so I made up a set of notecards too:
This was from a paper pack I bought on sale at Michaels. Love that French toile look!

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Isn't it amazing how you can turn a few scraps into such lovely cards...and what a great idea that swap is.

Amy said...

Yes, a card swap is a great idea!

Karen said...

You may think they are simple, but they are lovely. My favorite is the last one!

Sian said...

I love the toile look too - we had a blue toile wallpaper in our bedroom for a while and it was so pretty. Lovely stuff CHeri

Rebekah said...

Very pretty and awesome cards!
And congrats on the shout out about you on BPC!! :) That was a fabulous OLW layout. I missed the sign up with my own dump procrastination so I won't be in this month's hop. :(

A.Ayala said...

Love the cards for the swap. Also congrats on the BPC posting of your work.

Melissa said...

Great cards - I've used that first one several times, such a great way to use up some scraps.

Congrats on being featured on the BPC blog!! :>)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Nice job! I love the colors in the second one and the overall composition of the third one.
Rinda

quiltingfool said...

These are great! You have so much imagination! My favorite is the second one! You must not waste a single minute of your time to accomplish so much!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful set of cards