Tuesday, September 6, 2011

LOAD and LSNED - Day Two

I'm not particularly following prompts for either of these classes.  But on Day Two of LOAD - I did the Day One "goals" prompt... by completely scraplifting this layout from Melissa.  Here is my version:
I used a bunch of paper scraps from my One Little Word album as that is where this layout will ultimately go. And I started out checking off each day as I completed my goals.  But the check marks just weren't doing it for me. A check feels like a chore has been crossed off a list.  I don't want these goals to be chores... I want them to be an enriching part of my daily life. And I needed more validation about what a good job I was doing.  Yep, I needed the gold stars. Because I'm just needy that way.  So I went out to Staples and bought me some gold stars.  Aren't they pretty???
A little detail.

Thanks for the inspiration Melissa!

LSNED:  Today I learned that scraplifting isn't always as easy as it looks!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love how it turned out! The gold stars are awesome! :)

scrappyjacky said...

Love you using the stars...great idea.

Margaret said...

It never looks easy to me!

Anonymous said...

Now if I had a star chart that was as beautiful as yours I might have an incentive to be good!

Denise said...

I'm not following the prompts for LSNED - and it seems to make it easier for me just doing 'my owwn thing' and I am enjoying it more:-)

Amy said...

Ahh, yes, changing the mindset from chore to an enriching part of daily life is a MASSIVE step in the right direction!
I'm not really following the prompts for LSNED either, but am really enjoying the process of recording and being mindful on a daily basis.

Ginger said...

Your layout is just as fabulous as Melissa's and I think if it's going to get you motivated to achieve those goals then perfect!!

I have not followed any of the LSNED prompts either, but was thinking today I might check it out because I have lost a bit of my focus today :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of stars, and usually stick one on my calendar for every day I walk or work out! Love to see it at the end of the month.

Sian said...

LOL! You have made yourself a star chart. Gotta love that!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love the butterflies and how fun with the little stars! They were such a gift in grade school. lol

Melissa said...

Cheri I love it - it totally makes my day that something I did inspired someone else. And I love the addition of the gold stars!! I'm catching up on a few days of blog reading and your LSNED pages are turning out great!