Monday, August 8, 2011

Creative Color - Art Journal Page

The Creative Color class over at Scarlet Lime has had us looking everywhere for color and design inspiration. On Day 1, we were looking at books and magazines and as soon as the concept was introduced, I knew what I just HAD to use as creative inspiration!

Because I had already decided to use this page:

This is from the book "Where Women Create."  As the last recipient of this first round offering from Sian's Pass the Book, I felt a need to make good use of the inspiration - and several of the contributors in this book had spaces that were basically "white". Although this room is a bit cluttered for my taste, I found the white, cream, beige space with splashes of copper and peach (I also picked up some of the tan from the baskets) to be very calming and wanted to try it on an Art Journal page. I also loved the vintage feel with all the lace and sewing notions.

This is the page I created using the color inspiration.  And  to be totally honest, I found creating with the total lack of color to be quite difficult frustrating challenging! Definitely out of my comfort zone.

I'm not 100% in love with the finished product, but there are bits and pieces of it that I really do like:

The background here is actually very old paper from my stash, not real lace. And copper Stickles.
Prima Flowers and a ribbon rose.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

wow what can I say this is just absalutely amzing and so beauteaful just love it x

Anonymous said...

How can you not be 100% in love with this, because I am! It is fabulously pretty and you are so talented with your art pages.

Amy said...

Yes, Cheri, you are very talented with your art pages, and while it may not be to your style, it is certainly an excellent interpretation of the style of art shown in the book.

scrappyjacky said...

I love that this is something different for you,Cheri.To me it has a very pretty,vintagy feel to it that I love....and I would never have guesed that it wasn't fabric you've used.
I think I'd find creating without colour very difficult as well.
A stunning creation.

Sian said...

I love the page and I love the inspiration! Tone on tone white and cream is one of my favourite decorating styles

Ginger said...

WOW Cheri!! This is beautiful! I love that you picked this for your inspiration, I think this would have been very challenging and not sure how I would do it myself, but you have made such a fabulous journal page! I bought myself a better art journal book and hope to get at some pages myself, you are definitely inspiring me!

Sandra said...

You may not be 100% pleased with it, but I'm more than that lol. It's beautiful

Melissa said...

Wow, I think this is lovely. Great job using inspiration from the book.