Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Utterly Uninspired

Some of you might be wondering - so, Cheri, where the hell have you been??? I've been here, I've just been utterly uninspired. I've been updating and tweeting and involved in multiple online courses simultaneously and very very very busy. But not so busy that I couldn't blog. I just haven't felt the blog spirit move me recently. Sorry.
My journey I've been while I've been M.I.A.:

Big Picture Scrapbooking - the Library of Memories (second time fully engaged in this class), Wellness Journey, and Everyone Can Write a Little classes have just wrapped up. Absolutely adored ECWL and would highly recommend it to anyone when it is offered again in the future! Here's a sample from my ECWL album:

and yes, that thought is fairly representative of my mindset of late. Now aren't you happy I haven't been posting that kind of heavy stuff on a regular basis?

Now I'm eagerly anticipating Lisa Day's "Challenge of Me" class at BPS (starts June 25) and then Cathy Zielski's "Me: The Abridged Version" which hasn't opened for registration just yet (starts in Sept.). I'm aware that the themes of these classes are similar, but I know each teacher will approach this from a very different angle and I expect I'll still end up with two very different scrapbooks out of it!

Simplify 101 - Just finished "Organize Your Paper Clutter" and now I'm knee deep in "Organizing 101". Thanks to these classes I've recycled SIX grocery bags full of shredded paper, taken a trunk load of stuff to Good Will, and have a blissfully clean laundry room and a well-organized and fully stocked linen closet. Other projects for the next few weeks include the upstairs hallway bookcase (aka "junk case") and the downstairs hall closet. Aby is very sweet and very involved in the class forums. Good stuff. Another round of the paper clutter class starts soon if you are interested.

Jessica Sprague - signed up for the "ACDSee" course - got through the intro and stalled. Need to get back to it. I don't seem to do as well with the self-paced classes. Never finished all the layouts from "Type + Writer" either, so I need to get myself motivated to get back to those soon.

Other than that, I celebrated my 48th birthday with a quick day trip to NYC (where I DID see the famous Naked Cowboy) and had a lovely lunch at Bubba Gumps.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping to say hi. I am also very much looking forward to do Lisa`s class starting next week. And while I wait - I clean and declutter:-elin-