Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Time Has Come

Help me reach my goal for the Philadelphia Breast Cancer 3-Day!

Only THREE DAYS left now before the Philadelphia Breast Cancer 3Day Walk. I'm fighting a terrible sore throat, popping Vitamin C like crazy, and hoping to be over that before I actually embark on this journey, but I'll be out there walking whether I can talk or not!

I did not quite make my goal of $6000 raised, but I did raise nearly $4700 for my campaign and another $560 for Deanna's campaign, so I came darn close! I went to a meeting a couple weeks ago and was told that there are 4500 walkers registered for the Philadelphia walk. Allowing for a 25% drop-out rate of people who don't raise the $2200 required to walk, if everyone else participating raised just the minimum, we would have $7,425,000 raised - WOW! Isn't the power of numbers staggering? So join me in spreading the good vibrations that we will soon HAVE A CURE!!! And be thinking of me on Friday morning as I start walking my sixty miles. Send me a lot of good happy thoughts to sustain me!

No comments: