Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#Reverb10 - Prompts 23 - 29

December 23 – New Name. Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? (Author: Becca Wilcott)
Hello, I'm Cheri.  I'm rather fond of my own name and have never been one to want another name. I couldn't even imagine what it might be if I were forced to choose.

December 24 Prompt – Everything’s OK What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? (Author: Kate Inglis)
On Christmas Day, the moment Becca offered to help me with dinner preparations and then peeled three pounds of potatoes without complaint.  And I really believe you have to be the mother of teens to appreciate just how big that moment was for me.

December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself.  Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.  (Author: Tracey Clark)

I couldn't decide between these two photos. They were both taken at the same time - when I was playing with self-portraits. Both say a lot about me. Which one do you think best captures me?


December 26 – Soul Food. What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul? (Author: Elise Marie Collins)
Would have to be this little slice of heaven - TGI Friday's Vanilla Bean Cheesecake.
December 27 – Ordinary Joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: Brené Brown)
I have already blogged about this, and used it in answer to another Reverb10 Prompt. You can read about it here.

December 28 – Achieve.  What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.  (Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)
There are many things I want to achieve in the next year, but I think top on my list, the thing I want the most is to be physically fit and healthy. But that isn't something that I "get" and then am done with - it is a lifestyle, a habit, a way of being that I will be enjoying for the rest of my life. And I intend to enjoy the journey completely - the getting there - and the being there - and the staying there! So starting immediately since I've already begun this journey... I am feeling lighter, freer, more flexible, more energetic, happier, more satisfied...

December 29 – Defining Moment.  Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year. (Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice)
I really believe that "defining moments" are few and far between in a lifetime. And I can't say that I've experienced anything as momentous as a "defining" moment in the past year. Certainly not like some of the "defining" moments I can recall so vividly from my past. I've done a lot of reading this year that has changed my perspective on me, who I am, who I want to be. I've had a lot of trial and error experience in the health and fitness arena.  And I've participated in a number of online classes and challenges that truly stretched my boundaries and helped me grow. I think all these things in combination created the change in my life this past year.




8 comments:

Sian said...

Yes, I know what you mean - 2010 was a quiet year for us, no real life defining moments but good nonetheless.

The thought of introducing myself by another name has got me pondering. Most people don't know how to pronounce my name

Anonymous said...

Another thoughtful post, Cheri. Like you, I've never been unhappy with my name. I never cared for my middle name though, so dropped that for my maiden name as soon as I was married.

scrappyjacky said...

A very interesting post,Cheri...my defining moment this year was OH's illness....which made us take stock...life's too short to put off what you want to do.
I like my name as well....wouldn't want to change it.
And I'm completely with you on 'everything's ok'!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can appreciate how big the no complaints is! ;) LOVE Van Bean Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory...and your pics! Happy New Year!

Denise said...

A very interesting post today and I'd like to wish you and yours a very Happy New Year xx

Melissa said...

I've really enjoyed reading your Reverb posts this month. I think I like the first photo of you best - it's a great photo and you look like you are contemplating exactly what YOU want and how you'll get it. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy New Year!

Cheryl said...

I vote for your "I am enough" picture because I think it summarizes (for lack of a better word) what you're taking away from this year's experiences. I hope 2011 brings you just as much insight, lots of happiness, and a trip to a sunny beach or two. :)

humel said...

Lovely post! And interesting questions. I've never thought of using a different name, I feel like a 'Mel'!! And you're definitely a Cheri :-)