Monday, December 13, 2010

#Reverb10 - Prompts 12 and 13

December 12 | Body Integration.  This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)


Huh? Last I checked, my mind lives in my body. Not sure how to separate the two. I can recall a few instances where mind was unsuccessful at convincing body to do its bidding. But mostly they work in tandem quite well and coexist peacefully. Maybe I just don't get it.

December 13 | Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)


I think I successfully outlined a lot of next steps in response to the 11 Things prompt. I know that more will be fleshed out as I begin working with my "One Little Word" for 2011.  I have signed up for Ali Edwards' One Little Word class over at Big Picture Classes. Only $36 for a full year class - which I'm hoping will help reinforce something I was going to be working on anyway! I'm still mulling over next year's word. Focus is a likely contender but I'm not 100% convinced yet!

7 comments:

humel said...

Well, I don't get it either!! I didn't get One Little Word last time round, but over the last few weeks it's become clear to me what it's all about and what mine should be for 2011. That'll be for a future blog post! xx

Anonymous said...

lol, I think I have same answer - "Huh"? Cool on Ali's class - signing up soon too!

scrappyjacky said...

I think I know what my word will be....and seriously thinking of taking Ali's class as well.

quiltingfool said...

My one little word is "rebirth". Moving to a new state and starting all over again, I plan to create a new and more wonderful me. But the truth is, I don't soul search anymore, as in spite of all the stress in my life right now, I feel lucky to have options, and I'm more happy and content than I ever expected to be. Old age has that going for it, I think. I don't worry about my looks anymore, I have a solid marriage, not perfect, but solid, and I have people who love me just as I am. What more could you ask of life?

Anonymous said...

I was briefly intrigued by Ali's class, but since my word for 2011 is "Finish" starting another class doesn't seem to be quite right. (Although I know I'm going to sign up for at least one photography class in 2011.)

nancy said...

Oooh... good reminder. I better start thinking about next year's word! Although 2010's was a bit of a flop--I chose "soar" and my family all teased me that it was "sore." Grrrr...

Cheryl said...

I'm a little torn for my 2011 word. I'm thinking of making up my own rules and making it a phrase. Or maybe not. Wow, maybe my word should be DECIDE, lol.