December 14 |Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)There are so many things I could say to answer this question. And picking just one is hard. But since I have to... I have come to appreciate being able to really see the abundance in my life. I am so grateful for the abundance in friendships, in material things, in life in general. And I try to express that gratitude in my blogging and scrapbooking. I have started pointing out at home how much we have to be grateful for. I am really hoping my attitude will be contagious!
December 15 | 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)I'm really going to give this a try. I've got my timer out, setting for five minutes... NOW!
1. Our family trip to the shore - the beautiful walks on the beach - the time spent together just chillin'.
2. My newfound sense of wonder at the world once I started learning to see the world through my camera lens - which probably had more to do with slowing down and seeing things than the camera itself.
3. All of the friendships I have developed through my blog - I wouldn't want to forget Kai, Kelly, Sian, Mel, Amy, Karen, Jacky, Sharyn, Cheryl, Lee, Melissa, Deb and so many others, but the timer is ticking...
4. How hard I worked at turning around my health - eating, exercising, and medical issues - all of it.
5. Watching Rachel and Becca's soccer games - and my pride at how hard they are trying (most of the time).
6. My "girl" trip to see Krystal and our Photo Walk through Greenville SC
7. Becca going to her first prom with Peter. Although I wouldn't mind forgetting how much I "enjoyed" shopping for prom dresses with her!
8. Seeing a baby dove hatch outside my bedroom window - and learning to use my tripod so I could photograph it.
9. Watching the Junior girls win the Powder Puff tournament!
10. All the great books I've read this year.
11. Joining the "Perfect Protest."
Now I'm going to admit that when the timer stopped I was on #6 - but that list felt so incomplete! So I cheated a bit. I could keep going as there was a lot more about 2010 I'd like to remember. But I guess this is the list of scrapbooking layouts I need to create!