Sunday, March 21, 2010

What I Did On My Day At The Crop...

I had a FULL day at the crop.  Here's some of what I did:

First up, I was inspired by both the Tone on Tone and the weaving technique featured in Prompt 4 of Shimelle's Something for Nothing class.  So I spent nearly two hours creating this beauty using ONLY scraps of both cardstock and patterned papers in the cream/beige family. The actual color of this is less yellow than it is showing up on my screen - much more cream/beige.  I have big plans for this background now, but you'll have to wait til I get it done!

created the cover for my "Fitness Journey" album.  I have a serious love for Thickers!  The album is a simple 4x6 one up from Target.

Then I created this page for my fitness journey album.  Also turned my list of 10 into a page.  Thought it was fitting.

decorated the cover of my Weekly Gratitude Album - more Thickers letters! Yum!  This is also a 4x6 one up, from WalMart. I think I paid $3 for it!

Inside cover of my Junque Journal. Using up old Thickers sets and scrap Patterned Paper.

An inside page from my Junque Journal.  Using scrap patterned paper and a bunch of brads and bling from my stash.  I will unashamedly admit that I totally stole the brad frame idea from Mel!
And a double page spread from the Junque Journal using pattern paper scrap circles with brads and bling.  If I keep this up, I may finally have an excuse to buy new brads!  I really adore all the great ideas we are getting from Shimelle's class.
I also did a lot of work on Framework Pages for my Library of Memories albums, but they are all in stages of completion and not quite ready for unveiling.

6 comments:

humel said...

Babe, these are all *stunning!* Can't wait to see what that weaving is to be a background for, the covers are fab (I love Thickers too!! When I've used up some stash through Shimelle's class I am totally going shopping for Thickers!!) and - oh, I just I love it all :-)

scrappyjacky said...

Wow Cheri.....you did so much great stuff....can't wait to see what the weaving turns into!!

scrappyjacky said...

Wow Cheri.....you did so much great stuff....can't wait to see what the weaving turns into!!

Sian said...

Wow, you got a lot done, you lucky thing! That weaving looks like a beautiful patchwork quilt. I can't wait to see what you plan to do with it.

Jane said...

Loving your junque journal pages!!! It's looking great!!

Unknown said...

What great projects you did... aren't crops fun!?! I love your junque journal pages... gives me even more inspiration to develop my own further. I have a coffee mug of little "things" I want to add to the pages, but I like how you've added scrapbooking elements like the circles. Can't wait to see what the woven background will become... that was a lot of work!!