Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Addictions

Hi.  My name is Cheri and I am an online class addict.  There, I've admitted it.  And that is the first step right?

Currently I'm enrolled in Design Your Life (Cathy Zielski) and Library of Memories (Stacy Julian) both at Big Picture Scrapbooking.  Both of these classes are huge time commitments.  I also won a seat in "Get It Together, Keep it Together" over at Renee Pearson which starts on March 17.  This class will teach me how to organize my ever-growing digi stash in ACDSee.  And I have every intention of signing up for the "Picture Spring" workshop at BPS that starts on April 1st, because honestly it just looks too good to pass up.  And Design Your Life will be over by then.

That's more than enough and I told myself that was going to be it. I don't have time for another class. But who am I kidding? I have tried and tried to resist... but resistance is futile. 

Honestly, who can resist this?  Apparently none of my bloggy friends!  I love Shimelle's classes and I DO still have a significant paper/ribbon/brad/flower/ink stash that needs attention.  And I would be green with envy if I watched you all taking the class and didn't participate.  And if I don't have time, I have forever access, so I can always come back later, right? 

Yes, as an online class addict I can rationalize just about anything.

So as soon as LOST is over, I'll be back online to officially sign up.  Now where is the 12 step support group that I need to join?

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I don't think I'm an online class addict....but definately a Shimelle addict....how could anyone resist her wonderful classes...so....see you in class!!!

Sian said...

Yep, I'm pretty good at rationalising anything too!! So, I'll see you in class then.

Amy said...

:-)

See you there!

humel said...

lol! I resisted for - ooh - maybe 3 mintues?! So pleased you're joining us :-)

Anonymous said...

I resisted for several weeks even! And I've been taking Moving into Manual (which didn't, unfortunately, turn out to be too time consuming), and May Flaum's Hybrid class. But, like you, I'm quite sure I'll be signing up for Picture Spring. But then I am promising myself a break from classes until I catch up with what I want to do with the ones I've taken.

Unknown said...

I wish I could join you! I'll be watching your blog for updates... as soon as I give up a job or two, perhaps I'll participate in more classes!