Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Here Comes The Sun

A solid week of temps in the upper 40's and low 50's finally got all the snow to melt.  That was followed by four straight days of grey skies, gusting winds, and pouring rain.  So today when I woke up to SUNSHINE, it was absolutely glorious!  Today is supposed to reach 60 degrees, which will feel downright balmy. I got these pics of the first signs of Spring:

BLUE skies (oh so much prettier than grey) and buds on the tree in my front yard.

Daffodils starting to emerge.

and then I had this for lunch.  (photo inspired by Mel who posts a food photo daily.)

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Doesn't the first signs of spring make you feel joyful.

Amy said...

Oooh, I have not had my almonds today ... later for an afternoon snack!
Enjoy the sunshine :-)

Liberty :) said...

ooh lovely skies and food!!!

humel said...

Hooray for blue skies and signs of spring! This morning I went out WITHOUT MY COAT!!! Lunch looks good - except that I can't eat nuts.... But it is interesting to see what everyone else is eating! x