Saturday, July 16, 2011

Picture Inspiration {21/52}

This week's prompt was to shoot "from the heart". I coupled that with this week's Mother Load photography prompt which was "self portrait" and took this.

The necklace was a gift from Jay for my 50th birthday.  It is from the "Open Heart" collection at Kay Jewelers. So the significance of shooting "from the heart" is knowing that this necklace was truly a gift from the heart... something he knew I would like, without really even knowing why (after all, he doesn't really consider me a jewelry kind of girl).  The fact that it is a butterfly has personal meaning to me, so that makes this a "self portrait" that is more than skin deep!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and just perfect for the prompt. I hope you wear this frequently! I have a tendency to keep my good jewelry (just a few pieces) for special occasions which don't pop up very often.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous necklace and you have featured it in your photograph beautifully.

MonicaB said...

This is a lovey necklace. I can see why it means so much to you. Great photo for the LOAD class!

Clair said...

Such a lovely photograph - it really does make a difference to have something with a story behind it!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful photo & interpretation of the Mother LOAD photo for this week! The lighting is wonderful on that photo.

Sandra said...

It's really gorgeous

Cheryl said...

Such a beautiful necklace! I love the idea of using an item with significance as a "more than skin deep portrait."