Confessions of an online class junkie. Hi, my name is Cheri and I'm addicted to online classes. Right now I am enrolled in:
1. One Little Word - a year long class at BPC with Ali Edwards exploring my word for the year - "Happy". I have been keeping up with the prompts each month and LOVING how this class keeps my word in front of me all the time.
2. Picture Inspiration - another year long class at BPC with Tracey Clark - with a weekly photographic prompt. Admittedly a little behind again.
3. Project 64 - a weekly challenge blog, choosing one crayon color a week as a photo prompt. Happy to report I am up to date with this challenge! :)
4. Finding Photo Freedom - at BPC with Stacy Julian. This class runs June 1st to August 10th and I'm enrolled as an alumni, so I already "know" the system. I had really hoped to get digi under control this year, but with the computer virus, loss of my ACDSee program and all my tagging done in May, and having to purchase and learn Adobe Light Room, well, I'm hopelessly behind and won't even be attempting to "catch up" with the class - I'll be doing this on my own as time permits.
5. The Mother Load - at BPC with Lain Ehmann. This class runs June 29th to September 28th and culminates with a layout a day challenge for the month of September. Right now I'm completely on track and the hard work doesn't begin until September 1st.
Here's my problem.... Right now there are three classes out there that I'm totally drooling over and would LOVE to take! So much goodness... but all three run in the same time frame... and money IS an issue. The contenders are:
Advanced Portrait Editing - at JessicaSprague.com. This class will run for two weeks - July 18th to 31st. The regular cost is $40 and it is on sale for $32.00 for this first run of the class. Pretty much everything I know about scrapbooking in Photoshop Elements and post-processing of photos, I have learned through Jessica Sprague classes and they never disappoint! One of my weakest areas with post-processing is portraits. Which probably explains why I still haven't processed prom pictures! So I would definitely view this one as a skill builder and filling a gap for me.
Creative Color - with Christy Tomlinson at Scarlet Lime. This is a one week class running July 25 - July 29 at a cost of $19.95. Having taken both She Art and Three Hearts with Christy, I know that her classes have TONS of videos and material and are worth every penny! Christy's classes gave me the foundation for my Art Journaling which is really like therapy for me. I'm certain this class would build on that foundation and would be so much FUN! Cause let's face it, color and art journaling just make me happy!.
Explore - this is Shimelle's newest class. Four weeks running July 18 - August 12 at a cost of $16.00. I don't really need another mini-album with stuff about myself (I have plenty of them... remember Reverb 10 and iScrap?). But, hey, this is a SHIMELLE class and who can resist?
And just to complicate things - Ali Edwards is running her annual Week in the Life challenge the week of July 25th to 31st. I haven't decided if I'm up for it this year... and am considering saving it for September when I'm doing the LOAD challenge in Lain's class. But it's there and I wouldn't want to leave it out of the mix!
So... can you help me decide??? Which of these classes do you think I should sign up for? Are you planning to take any of them? Which one(s) would be most beneficial at this time? I'm so torn... I want to sign up for all of them, but I know I can't!