Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

I didn't realize it until I pulled February 1 off my Happy Bunny Page-A-Day calendar this morning.  But there it was February 2 - Groundhog Day. 

Given the fact that we had yet another ice storm last night:

Sure it is pretty to look at the trees all coated with ice.
 
but look at the havoc it wreaks. Broken branches from the weight of the ice.  Branches that are normally above my
head are nearly touching the driveway.  The driveway is coated in ice (thank goodness I don't have to be anywhere
today).  The roads are a mess.



              And the girls are home from school AGAIN today. 

So forgive me, but it is a little hard to believe that Spring is ever coming.


image sourced here
But Punxsatawney Phil saw no shadow this morning (um, could that be because there is NO SUN???) which predicts an early Spring.

I'll take it! Bring on Spring!

Happy Groundhog Day.

9 comments:

debs14 said...

Yup! You certainly need some daffodils! The pictures of the ice on the trees are so pretty, but after a while you don't see 'pretty' so much you just see 'inconvenience'!

Anonymous said...

Today is our very first snow day in four years. Nothing as spectacularly photo-worthy as your icy trees! As for the groundhog, ours didn't see his shadow either - but it's still 6 weeks (at least!) until Spring!

scrappyjacky said...

Definately bring on Spring!!!!

Melissa said...

I'm with you - ready for spring! We are having an ice storm too and they are rotating power outages today, so I'm blog hopping now while we're still on! :>) I think I'll have enough light to scrap when we're off.

Sian said...

That snow certainly does take a nice picture!

We have had thunder and lightning here today.

Anonymous said...

Yes, bring on Spring! It is pretty but yes - destructive!

Anonymous said...

We didn't get anywhere near the amount of snow they predicted, but the roads were bad enough that all the schools were canceled. I didn't venture out all day. I was happy to hear on the news that Punxsatawney Phil didn't see his shadow, and I sure hope it's accurate this year! Ice storms are the worst as far as I'm concerned, but we've been spared this time around. Hope it thaws out for you quickly.

humel said...

The Boy was really excited about Groundhog Day - it was marked on his calendar - but I'm not sure if he knows what it means!!

I'm so ready for spring now....

Kelly Miller said...

I don't envy you the snow and ice, but I do envy all the beautiful images you always capture. Winter is working for you!