I've been tagged by Mel to answer the following questions:
This is a tough one - I have a load of extremely memorable days. My wedding (Elmira NY), the days my girls were born (Grand View Hospital, Sellersville PA), our trip to Hawaii, when I walked in the Philadelphia Breast Cancer 3Day (Philadelphia PA). I honestly can't single one of those out and say it was the "most memorable day ever"
2. What is your favourite time of year, and why?
Definitely Spring! I love the season of rebirth - watching all the trees and flowers come back to life, the warming temperatures, being able to come out of winter hibernation and enjoy the outdoors again, fresh strawberries in the market, and my birthday!
Christmas time runs a close second. What I love about Christmas is that for a short period of time people just seem to be nicer and more considerate.
3. What is your favourite time of day, and why?
The hours that Rachel & Becca are in school! Seriously, I love my kids, but I need my alone time to function.
4. What food would you find it very hard to do without?
Pizza. Because it gets me out of cooking every Friday night!
5. What colour makes you feel happiest?
blues and greens, separately and in combination - sage, teal, aqua, spring green, turquoise - oh yeah.
6. What's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you? (Or the most recent nice thing?)
The most recent nice thing that comes to mind - in an email someone said to me : "You're such a mom" In context it was very complimentary and just made me smile.
7. What's the nicest thing you've ever said to anyone else? (Or the most recent nice thing?)
I have no idea how to judge this. It would be up to the recipient to decide I think. So dear blog readers, what is the nicest thing I've ever said to you???
8. Who would be guest of honour at your dream dinner party?
This didn't specify that the guest of honor had to be living. So the answer is, without any hesitation, my Mom. What I wouldn't give to spend just one more day with her.
9. What's your favourite bird?
Penguin? Well, they are cute anyway.
10. What word or phrase do you find yourself over-using?
"well" "okay" "so" - I have a frustrating tendency to use these at the beginning of every sentence - in a manner that is totally unnecessary to the context of the sentence - just useless keystrokes. You can see examples in 7, 8, and 9 above. Ugh.
Now it is my turn to ask ten new questions and tag some friends. Realizing (following this back) that a bunch of my bloggy friends have already been tagged and I don't want to add to your burdens, I'm trying to tag friends that I don't think have been hit yet. So Kelly, Kai, Cheryl, Jan, Photographing Mom and Sandy - You've been tagged! Any of my other bloggy friends are invited to answer one or more of these questions in the comments (or add another set of questions & answers to your blog!).
1. What is your happy color?
2. What one product could you live without but wouldn't want to?
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
4. If you could travel anyplace in the world, where would you want to go and why?
5. Favorite t.v. show?
6. You have 24 hours of free time with no expectations, no work, no cleaning, no fixing meals, just free time. How will you spend it?
7. You are being given the gift of one super-power (think cartoon characters - flying, xray vision, super strength, etc.). What super-power do you choose and why?
8. Favorite quote? (I collect quotes, so this one is important!)
9. Describe one of your funniest/silliest/most embarassing moments?
10. Optimist or Pessimist? Be honest.