Monday, May 10, 2010
Ever had a week where all your priorities got turned topsy-turvy? That was my week! Despite best intentions, work took on a frenzied mode and occupied most of my time. Then I literally spent 1/2 day Friday, almost all day Saturday, and 1/2 day Sunday shopping for outdoor furniture! DH & I hit every store in about a thirty mile radius! I'll show you what we found later...
Last Week's Goals:
1. Gym three times. Including new Zumba class. check! Turns out the new Zumba class is indeed a much better fit for me, so will be making it a regular on my workout list. Time is better too - yeah!
2. 1 each Gratitude and Art Journal layouts. FAIL. None done.
3. Spend 20 minutes/weekday tagging photos or digi elements or processing photos. ?? I know I got stuff done in this category, but again failed to really keep track of my time.
4. Sew and hang curtain in office. (Same as scraproom - just been avoiding this one because I know I'm a tad short on fabric and will have to adjust length - ugh). FAIL. did not happen.
5. Choose one online class I haven't completed and spend 20 minutes/weekday working on completing. Umm... sort of? I did download and print all the prompts for The Street Where You Live, completed the first layout, and have ideas for other layouts to come. I didn't spend the 20 minutes a day - I did it all in a big lump and probably spent 3 or 4 hours total on what I did accomplish. Beginning to see a pattern here ... maybe the x minutes a day thing isn't working for me?
6. Find my creative muse ~ then make some decisions and do SOMETHING with my Week in the Life project! I am proud to say CHECK!!! I made the decisions. I have completed the focal photo layouts. Now for the hard part - I have to do the accompanying mixed photo layouts. Which is harder because I didn't take nearly enough pictures during the week to make for really interesting layouts. But I got the first page done and will continue plugging through the rest!
This Week's Goals:
1. Gym three times. Including Zumba on Wednesday and Yoga on Thursday.
2. Create 1 each Gratitude and Art Journal layouts.
3. More work on tagging photos or digi elements or processing photos.
4. Sew and hang curtain in office.
5. Create layout #2 for The Street Where You Live.
6. Create at least two more mixed photo layouts from Week in the Life.
7. Get clothing donations logged, packed, & to GoodWill (want it OUT of my house!)
8. Get the deck swept. More on the deck in a later post!