Thursday, January 28, 2016

Scrapbooking Share - Part 1

(Or "What I Did At The Crop")

 Highlights from Rachel's Kindergarten school year.  (Although the letter to Santa was more likely from first grade).

Highlights from Becca's Kindergarten school year

 A very uninspired layout about Rachel's sixth grade electronics project

And a very similar one for Becca.

 I made 3 or 4 of these pockets.  Actually there is one for every grade in each of their albums and some of the other ones are far more inspired.  But I'm working at this point to just get these albums DONE. So I'm totally letting go of perfect.

 The 2015 entry for Jay's birthday album.  True Confession - that "amazing" sticker accidentally stuck down to the photo much higher than I wanted it, as well as crooked, and I couldn't peel it off without destroying the layout. So I purposefully distressed it to make it look like it was supposed to be that way.

 My annual 2015 Greetings Card pages for our Christmas Greetings album.  I've noticed that as the years have passed we get a lot less of the photo cards that used to dominate these pages...

 In fact, if it weren't for cards from blog friends, we wouldn't have many cards at all!  Every single one of them is enjoyed very much, so don't feel bad if yours didn't make the album. I simply couldn't fit everything!

I still haven't had a chance to photograph the pages I made for my Challenge of Me album, so there will be more coming next week.  What have you scrapbooked lately???

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Great job getting more of the girls' pages done! I need to do something with our Christmas cards, too - still have them in a stack near my craft table. (Makes me smile to see a familiar card on your layout! :))

Karen said...

An impressive accomplishment! I'm so impressed that you're still working on the girls' albums. I started scrapping so late I never hoped to get school albums done. I did a great one of Sarah's birthdays, but I've never started Matt's.

Sian said...

The school albums I made here are by far and away the most popular with the kids. And they really aren't very inspired at all. But they are loved and I best these ones are too

Missus Wookie said...

Oh how nice to get more pages done of the girls' albums. The Christmas cards are still on the side - they're on my list to deal with on Sunday as the stuff is packed away.

scrappyjacky said...

Love the school album pages.

Carola Bartz said...

The letters to Santa are just too precious! What fun to read them. I kept some of my daughter's first writing as well, and of course a lot of her drawings. It is so lovely to look at them now when we see how far our kids have come. I didn't keep all the little awards, I regret that now because I like your pocket idea.
Scrapbooking? I haven't done it for years. I always wanted to make a scrapbook for my daughter's 18th birthday which is this April. I haven't even started!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow! This makes me want to scrap!
And I think done is definitely better than perfect for the school days album.
I'm thrilled to see that my card made the album.
I'm going to a crop on Tuesday and I've been trying to figure out what to work on. Maybe I'll work on my Christmas card album.
Rinda