I spent my weekend at a crop retreat. And the week preceding it purging my scrapbook supplies and making up page kits so that my time at the crop would be productive and worthwhile. I never really had a chance post-holidays to get back into any kind of routine. That starts today. Life should finally settle back to some semblance of normal.
Something new I learned this weekend:
1. If you really spend the time pre-planning pages for your crop you can:
- take a lot less stuff with you
- get a lot more pages done
- have time leftover for other things
I actually finished all of the paper pages I had brought to work on and did a digi page from scrap as well! That left me time to update my planner, keep up with my Simple Abundance reading every day, get to the hotel gym twice!, keep up with my online classes, and do some light reading.
2. The weight it took you two full weeks to lose can be regained in just three days - despite getting to the hotel gym and making the best choices you could from the foods available. Ugh. I guess pizza and coke just can't be part of a weight loss plan. Bummer.
3. Did you know that the Valentine's candy "Sweethearts" has been around since 1866?
Apparently the original version was much larger and had long flowery messages.
The current miniature hearts with short messages first appeared in the early 1900's.
What's even more interesting is how the messages have changed over the years. Who knew???
I used to love getting these candies at Valentine's as a kid. Now I wouldn't be able to tolerate the taste - but they are still fun! Did you get Sweethearts as a kid?
Waving hello to all the Monday-ers!