Friday, May 8, 2015

My Happy Place

linking up with Cate's Blog Every Day in May.

Where do I go to clear my head?  If I have a choice, it is the ocean. Ocean City N.J. is the most often visited. 

As soon as I cross the bridge into O.C. I feel like I have come home. Like this is where I belong. With the sound of the gulls, the smell of the salt water, the waves crashing on the shore, this is where I am at once most peaceful and most alive.  Maui was the prettiest bit of ocean I have visited to date. I'd love to go back!

 If I can't have the ocean, any body of water will do - the closest being the creek that runs along the walking path here in town. 


layout from April 2011
And here's a link to a true story of a day when I actually HAD to go there to clear my head.

8 comments:

Cheryl McCain said...

Beautiful image of the beach Cheri! I love your layout too! I read your "teen" post and left you some love there as well! (At least I tried but it doesn't look like it posted for some reason. :()

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

The sea for me too. Its good for the soul. Hence the name of my blog, although I no longer live where I can see it from my window. It requires an hour's drive these days.

Melissa said...

I knew your place would be the ocean!!

Sian said...

Ah, that fresh sea air! A good choice.

Cate Brickell said...

Oh, I know that feeling of tension leaving as you cross the bridge, there's a bridge to my favourite beach, too.

scrappyjacky said...

Definately the ocean....I'm so happy I live right by one.

Karen said...

Definitely the ocean, or a large lake if need be! Don't get there often enough!

Missus Wookie said...

I like the ocean - but rarely get there, so parks or anywhere with water and open skies help me think.