Friday, May 29, 2015

Blogging {Almost} Every Day

So, I haven't blogged  every day in May, but I have blogged most of them! What did I learn?


1. It's not realistic for me. With a full-time job and other interests, blogging every day simply isn't realistic for me. And that's okay. Sometimes life just gets in the way. When that happens, I'd rather LIVE my life than blog about it!

2. Prompts help. It's a lot easier to write working off a prompt.  Thanks for giving this month's blogging some structure Cate!

3. I still love blogging. I didn't complete every day, but the commitment to blogging this month really reignited my love of blogging and I hope to continue to be more present.

4. Batch processing is key. Having a bunch of photos pre-edited and ready for blogland makes it easier to actually sit and write the post. Because I just don't like my posts without photos!

5. Get ahead when the mood strikes.  When I had time and was in a writing mood, I did two or three posts at once and scheduled them for the days they needed to appear to match Cate's prompts. This allowed me to have fresh content on my blog even when I was busy with work or family.  When I didn't get ahead, weekend blogging just didn't happen. I don't spend much time at my computer on the weekends!

linking up with Cate's Blog Every Day in May

10 comments:

alexa said...

I recognise some of those realisations - getting ahead (hard) and staying ahead (harder!) does make such a difference. I am inspired by your commitment, even though life is so busy for you.

scrappyjacky said...

I've really enjoyed your posts....I would find it impossible to blog every day,I know.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I've enjoyed seeing your posts pop up in my reader (and your name in my comments) this past month. Having taken part in Blogtoberfest a couple of times, I know how much commitment it takes to blog every day. I think doing it for a month can help find what works best for you, but I wouldn't want to post daily as a matter of course and I admire anyone that does.

Melissa said...

Sounds very similar to my lessons this month. I'm so glad you joined in - I've enjoyed your posts!

Sian said...

I love the fact that I have spotted more than one blogger saying this project had reminded them how much fun blogging can be. That's music to my ears :)

Karen said...

"Ditto," to almost every one of your points. I don't think I've ever done prompts, per se, but I do like the weekly memes like Pairs.

Barbara Eads said...

Sometimes, I have lots to blog about. That's when I'll write extra posts and then schedule them. Other times, especially when I'm busy, it's hard to come up with quality material. Then, I just try to recognize that I just have to accept that now is just not the time.

Cate Brickell said...

Batch processing does make it easier, but it's something I never remember to do!

Miriam said...

Getting ahead and staying ahead sounds like work to me. Blogging for me is a fun hobby. I have a daily meme on at the moment but I tend to take a lot of pictures on a sunny day and then post them when it is raining. (frequent at the moment) I like the balance of posting just a picture, sometimes with a few words and sometimes with a lot of words. Like you I can never post without a picture! Oh! my what a lot I have to say! sorry...

Missus Wookie said...

Love that photo of the hyacinths. I batch process posts and accept that there are times when that just isn't feasible - I'm not worried if I back date some either :)