Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ten on the Tenth - April Edition

I'm beginning to think if it weren't for these memes, I wouldn't be blogging at all! Which isn't entirely true, but goodness things have been so busy lately!

This month I'm following along with Paper Coterie's April Photo Challenge.  I'm adding these photos to my 2012 Focus Album, some with journaling...

1.  My Home.  I've been here 24 years!

2.  My Handwriting.  In my journal. Responding to a class prompt from 21 Secrets.

3. My Smile.  I have an unusually small mouth. As a result, even my biggest smile is barely wider than the widest part of my nose.  No such thing as an "ear to ear" grin from me. My smile shows more in my eyes.

4. My Reflection.  This is actually a double.  Sitting at my desk in my office there is a window behind me overlooking the parking lot.  In front of me is a window looking into the main part of the office.  By shooting my own reflection, I also picked up the reflection of the parking lot behind me!

5. My  favorite shoes - flip flops in the summer, scuffs in the winter.  I'm all about comfort. No girly girl heels for me.  And if I had my preference, I'd rather be barefoot!

6. My Morning.  Always starts with breakfast and a check of my email and blogs!

7.  My Town.  My kids will tell you there is NOTHING to do here. But this sleepy little borough has been a great place to raise them!

8. My Sunday.  Happened to be Easter! Not much candy in the baskets this year.

9. My True Love.  I had to dig out an old photo for this one.  Nothing current available.  Need to work on that!

10. My Transportation.  A 2002 Honda Odyssey mini van with 124,000 miles on it.  And I have no interest whatsoever in trading in or trading up! With a new transmission installed last month, I'm hoping this car lasts me another 4 or 5 years!

14 comments:

alexa said...

Lovely post - great to see you and your life up closer and more personal. Smiling from the eyes sounds lovely ...

scrappyjacky said...

Love all these photos about your life,Cheri.
My kids will tell you there is nothing to do in our town either.....and my car is the same year old as well.....and I still love it!

Jo.C said...

I have loved visiting with this post. That seems like a really good idea with the easter basket - reminds me I have an itunes card to use :0)
Look forward to seeing a recent true love photo.

Melissa said...

Wow, 24 years in the same home - we've just hit 5 years in our home & that's a record for us. I'm totally with you on a preference for just going barefoot! Great photos.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hey, Cheri, I loved reading your 10 things! I'm the same way about footwear - would much rather be barefoot. And I drive a 2000 Honda CRV that I absolutely love. It's a darling photo of you and your hubby, but you're right - you need an update. xo

Karen said...

Loved this post! This Paper Coterie project is laying on my desk, but I've done nothing about it. It's a great little list, though, so maybe I can figure out some way to use it.

Sian said...

What a lovely idea for a 10! (and I've always thought you have smiley eyes!)

Mrs LiliGee x said...

What a great ides for 10 Things! May copy that for one of my posts later in the year ;)

MonicaB said...

Great post for Ten on 10. I have to say I really like your handwriting - it's beautiful!

julee said...

Hi Cheri,
I came over from LINAR (can't remember anyone's name) blog.

Noticed you were in PA, I'm in DE....used to have family in Perkasie.....I loved a bar there, great food...can't remember the name of it either...haha

Julie

Ginger said...

Hi Cheri :) I love the reflection photo - such a cool idea!

Jimjams said...

What a lovely get-to-know-you type of 10 - TFS!
I always think a smile of the mouth is easy - a smile of the eyes comes from the heart (though the pic of you and your "true love" has a pretty BIG smile don't you think?!)

My kids assure me they are never "coming home" to where we live as it is so dull here ... which is how I raised them to be - independent (if slightly brutal :o( - and they may think differently when they have kids of their own to raise!).

Jimjams said...

What a lovely get-to-know-you type of 10 - TFS!
I always think a smile of the mouth is easy - a smile of the eyes comes from the heart (though the pic of you and your "true love" has a pretty BIG smile don't you think?!)

My kids assure me they are never "coming home" to where we live as it is so dull here ... which is how I raised them to be - independent (if slightly brutal :o( - and they may think differently when they have kids of their own to raise!).

Unknown said...

What a fun list of ten things! Love all these prompts and they'd be great for my Project Life album too. Thanks for sharing! :)