Today is Sunday. Hurray! A brand new week full of promise and possibilities awaits. A chance to start over. After last week, I am very grateful that a week is only seven days long and that if you survive those seven days, you get a fresh new week to work with.
Yes, last week was one of THOSE weeks. What can I attribute it to? It was crazy busy at work ~ and anyone who has ever held a job outside the home knows what that can be like. Even though it snowed, yes again (ugh), and my girls had two more snow days at home, and I didn't actually have to drive into the office (ah, the advantages of working from home!), I actually felt like I never left work the entire week! I ate, breathed, slept contract and article review of the most tedious sort - even after dinner, in front of the television, I was reading stuff I really didn't want to have to read. And then there was that feeling that I was just "off my game" - a feeling that lasted all blessed week. And there are other reasons that fall into the category of TMI. Let's just say, I'm glad last week is over. I'm glad February is all but over. I'm looking forward to March and a new week and new possibilities.
Set it Sunday:
If I'm to be honest, I'm embarassed to say that I did not meet a single one of my goals for last week. I got frustrated, started craving chocolate and salty snacks, ate what I wanted, made it the gym only once, and did zero scrapbooking of any kind. No photo purging, no layouts, nothing. I can honestly say that I missed the creativity and I'm suffering from withdrawal. But I didn't miss the gym and I didn't miss eating right. Maybe I needed a week off? I don't know. But I'm not planning on making a habit out of weeks like last week. So here's my goals - once again - for this coming week:
1) Gym three times.
2) Eat REAL food - at least 2 meals/day
3) 15 minutes per day sorting/purging image folders for Tues, Weds, & Fri (the days I am not in the office).
4) 1 each Gratitude and Art Journal layouts.
5) Keep up with Design Your Life Assignments
6) Make that dreaded phone call - Tuesday morning
7) Tackle one nagging task- check! I did all the piled up filing of paid bills today (3 months worth). My kitchen desk is clean!!! I also input all of last year's goodwill donations into "It's Deductible" for the taxes. It is a small thing, but a huge step forward in being able to do our taxes and feels great to have it done.