Unfortunately being gone all day Saturday and giving up on laundry by 2:00 in the afternoon on Sunday meant that I still had another seven loads of laundry to go. So guess what I have been doing today? Yes, laundry! Five loads through the wash, two more to go. Ugh.
It seems I also have a TON of catching up to do with my dear readers, so here goes:
1. Set It Sunday:
Share: Last Week's List was...
1) Eat only REAL foods (not processed packaged stuff) at least 2 meals per day - all week. - check!
2) Make it to the gym 3 times this week. If the impending bad weather makes that impossible, then get on the treadmill at home. Check! gym twice, treadmill on Friday. Lovin' my iPod.
3) Spend at least 15 minutes a day purging/sorting image folders for Library of Memories. I managed this Mon - Weds and then not the remainder of the week. Thursday I had to work and I was just too tired when I got home. Friday I spent the day with DH. Saturday crop. Sunday - see above.
4) Create at least one Art Journal layout and one Gratitude layout this week. Check - actually did TWO of each!
5) Get to Design Your Life assignments if/when time allows. Check!
Set It: Goals for the coming week:
1) Gym three times. Since I already blew today and have to work on Thursday, that means Tues, Wed, Fri
2) Eat REAL food - at least 2 meals/day
3) 15 minutes day sorting/purging image folders
4) 1 each Gratitude and Art Journal layouts
5) Keep up with Design Your Life Assignments
6) Tackle one nagging task (a phone call I don't want to make).
Yes, I know ... these goals are identical to last week! But they are good goals and quite honestly, it was only knowing that I had posted them here and was going to have to be accountable to all of you that kept me in check last week. So if holding myself accountable to my blog readers is what is going to get this stuff done, then so be it!
2. Art Journal Layouts:
"Medieval Faire" Kit; Yoda courtesy of Google images.
Fantasy Solids; elements are from Tangie's "Steamer Trunk" from the Art Journal Caravan; Flerg's "Estranged" kit; and Songbird Avenue "Port Au Prince" kit.
3. My first blog award! The wonderful Cheryl gave me this beautiful blogger award...
I was actually kind of blushing when I read the nice things Cheryl had written about me. So according to the rules, I have to:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award (see above).
2. Copy and paste the award on your blog (also see above).
3. Link to the person who nominated you for the award (again, see above).
4. Share seven interesting things about yourself.
5. Nominate your own seven Beautiful Bloggers.
O.K. - seven interesting things about me....
1. My day job is corporate attorney. But really that's just my cover ~ in truth I'm an artist at heart and from 2001-2008 I ran my own business (on the side) selling scrapbooking supplies and a scrapbooking clothing line that I designed. Now that I'm out of the biz, it is really nice to scrapbook for PLEASURE again!
2. I was actually a second-born child, but was raised (since age 3) as the first-born in a family of 7 kids. I have all the natural tendencies of a first-born child.
3. I love music, but I can't carry a tune in a bucket. So I sing to the radio when I'm alone in the car.
4. I was always the last picked for any team sport in Jr. High gym class. Unfortunately, deservedly so. I am a natural born klutz.
5. I shared a love for the Harry Potter series with my oldest daughter, Sarah, from the time it first came out. We've recently followed that up with the Twilight series. Now we need another compelling series to share...
6. I've never had a broken bone. Amazing considering #4.
7. I am seriously addicted to online classes. But you all knew that already, didn't you???
Enough of me. Let me tell you about some of the bloggers I've discovered that I really think are worth checking out and fully deserving of the Beautiful Blogger award:
1. First, I'd like to pass the award right back to Cheryl at Take a Second Glantz. Her posts range from funny to touching to thought-provoking. And she's the one who started the whole "Set It Sunday" thing!
2. Stacy Julian. She is real, honest, touching, and creative. I've met her in person a few times and she's the closest thing I have to a scrapbooking "idol". Her way of scrapbooking (and looking at scrapbooking) has literally changed my life.
3. Sian at High in the Sky - whose blog posts about the Small One, the Tall One, and the Accountant really keep life in perspective. And Sian is sooooo good about leaving me comments!
4. Stacey at Havoc and Mayhem - her stories of home life (especially the stove incident) often have me in stitches. Havoc and Mayhem are the blog names of her two boys - just the title gives you an idea of what to expect! She also has a unique method for measuring snowfall.
5. Mel at I Speak Melsh - Mel has been regaling us lately with her punny sense of humor as she attempts to win (or at least make a good showing) in a contest being held by Shimelle. Her attempts to garner votes have kept me giggling for days now. So hop over here and vote for Mel! I also enjoy her weekly Wordles.
6. Amy at Over at Our Place - Amy posts beautiful photos of her family - especially her daughter who has the most incredible blue eyes ever! Amy has a quiet sense of humor in her posts that just makes her stories interesting to read.
7. Kai at Enjoy the Ride Today - Kai is another one who posts interesting tidbits about everyday life with a sense of humor and we got to watch her rebuild her scraproom day by day!
I didn't want to fill the award list with scrapbook celebs, but I have to say that my must-visit blogs also include Cathy Zielski, Ali Edwards, and Kolette Hall. There are others, but these are the musts.
Okay, you must feel very caught up by now and I need to get back to the laundry!