Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Saying Goodbye to 2019

I started 2019 with high hopes and a lot of enthusiasm.  It turned out to be a difficult year in so many different ways.  I'm not sad to leave this year behind.

On the difficult side, I struggled physically with plantar fasciitis, then IT band syndrome, both of which interrupted my physical progress in TRX class.  I lost my mother, dealt with my grief by eating my feelings, which resulted in reaching my highest weight EVER (seriously, I weighed less when I was 9 months pregnant with twins).  Sarah lost a good friend to cancer and then had her own health struggles - and you know as a Mom, when your child struggles, you feel it - deep in your core.  I was finally getting myself back on track, losing weight, feeling good about life, when I learned that I was losing my job.  Now unemployed, I am once again working on getting back on track.

On the happier side, there was a lot of positive in 2019.  Becca passed her PTA program, passed her Boards, got a job, and got engaged.  We had a fabulous family vacation at Disney. I walked and kept up with my family with minimal pain. I found a craft shop that I LOVE and took several in person classes.  We did a LOT of wedding planning stuff. I handled my position elimination with extreme professionalism and left on good terms with all.  And I ticked a LOT off my 2019 goals...

Remember this list?  Here's the final tally:
1. No - changed my mind.
2. DONE! Plus CMLX2 and ICC as well.
3. DONE! 47 books read. Audible really helps.
4. Yes?  Final tally 729 items plus 13+ pounds of paper (old files purged). Paper averaged 100+ sheets per pound, so if we are counting individual sheets of paper, I made it.
5. Progress, but not complete.
6. DONE!
7. DONE!
8. DONE! Plus 3 bedrooms upstairs too!
9. YES! Not yet consistently, but after TRX class I usually can.
10. No.
11. No. I started off well, but then not so much.
12. DONE!
13. DONE!
14. DONE! Even the "repeat" part!
15. DONE!
16. DONE!
17. No.
18. Not even close.  I think I completed two lessons all year.
19. It sure did. Not in ways I had imagined.

So, 13 of my original 19 goals complete.  I'm happy with that number, all things considered.  Now it's time to make plans for 2020... I'm excited for a new year, a new decade, and the promise of so many possibilities to come.  You can remind me I said that if I get all whiny and depressed during the upcoming job search.

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

You have a lot of DONE'S on there. Pretty amazing! Happy New Year!!

debs14 said...

I think that a lot of us have found that 2019 was a real mix of good and bad, and it is so easy to dwell on the bad which makes you minimise the good so my plan for 2020 is to get out of that mindset (probably easier said than done!)
I hope that now we have entered 2020 you are in the right frame of mind to start your job hunting, and that it won't be long until you have something new on the horizon. In the meantime, there is much wedding planning to do now you have more free time!

Patio Postcards said...

You did well with your goal list for 2019. Cheers to 2020 - the year of perfect vision.

Karen said...

Despite all the setbacks, looking at your list and accomplishments, it was a very successful year! I'm very impressed! Best wishes for a wonderful New Year!

Carola Bartz said...

13 out of 19 is a great achievement! Although I don't have a clue what all the abbreviations mean, the more important part is what they mean to you. I wish you the best luck with your job search - I'm sure that eventually you will find a work that suits you.

alexa said...

Lots of difficult life events and challenges, and yet you still have lots of things ticked off? Wow! hoping that your ability to keep pulling through will make the next few months easier - and that there will be compensations for any non-working time ... Thinking of you. xx

Melissa said...

Happy New Year Cheri! 2019 was definitely a mixed bag for you! Here's to a wonderful 2020!

Honoré said...

Congratulations on all your wins in a very tough year. Sending the very best in 2020. Carry on!