Monday, May 13, 2013

More Clean & Simple

Having already used the Week Four assignment for a layout about the relationship between Jay & Sarah, I decided I needed to do this one just about Sarah

and this one just about Jay.  Isn't it amazing how different you can make the same template look?

And then for Week 5 I decided to skip the template Cathy Zielski had created, but used elements from it to create my layout for the assignment which was to document a typical day in the life of...

Well, I chose me... but not a typical day at all - I chose iNSD! :)

And yes, this is a real Project Life plastic page protector and hybrid layout!
And did I mention that I'm also doing LOAD this month???  Of course, all three of these layouts have met LOAD requirements as well.  And I'll be back another day to share what else I've been up to for LOAD!

9 comments:

Karen said...

LOVE the top two layouts. Using black and white is so effective, as is the list journaling in the first layout. I don't think I've made one layout since LOAD in February, but needless to say, LOAD in May wasn't an option!

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you didn't stop all day...but had a very productive one!!

Maria Ontiveros said...

There really is such a difference between those first two lovely layouts. I like how you make the templates work for you.
Rinda

Amy said...

I have to echo Rinda's comment about how to adapt these templates and make them your own - your style is quite distinctive and I like it! I also really like the technique you used in the hybrid page for the iNSD insert - look fabulous!

Missus Wookie said...

Fun to see how you tackled that day in the life layout - did wonder about that. Really like how you've reused the template - I like doing a series like that and am always pleased to see how different they all look.

Sian said...

It's fascinating to see the differences between the two layouts.

Alison said...

Love how you've journaled on the two layouts, Cheri!
Alison xx

Melissa said...

Great group of layouts! I'm finishing up finals this week & hope to have everything graded & recorded by tomorrow evening so I can SCRAP and catch up with Get Artsy.

alexa said...

That top one with those pretty but subtle colours and that lovely photo is definitely my favourite .. You are a prolific scrapbooker!