Friday, May 18, 2012

Just a Quote for Friday

"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies." ~ unknown

These are the butterflies I created for Deb's butterfly project. It is crazy quilting and hand embroidery and beading.  Before I was a scrapbooker, I was a quilter. Crazy quilting was my favorite  kind!  For this project, I used felt as a base, stitched on bits of fabric to cover a rectangle.  I drew the pattern on parchment paper, pinned that to the quilted piece, and machine stitched the butterfly outline, then cut it out.  The embroidery and beading was last , so the back of these pieces are a mess!  Last time I did a piece like this was easily at least 6 or 8 years ago and back then my eyesight was much better. I'm finding now that threading a needle (even with readers) is a major accomplishment!

Thanks for the photos Deb! :)

5 comments:

debs14 said...

Such a pretty butterfly, you talented lady!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the embroidery and beading. I'm planning to take some cross-stitch with me on vacation, and I wonder how my eye sight will be!
Rinda

Sian said...

Beautiful work Cheri! Yes, I know exactly what you mean about the eyesight..

Anonymous said...

Crazy but totally gorgeous.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I LOVED these butterflies, Cheri. Thanks again for making them! :o)