Friday, May 11, 2012

Just A Quote for Friday

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit."  ~Albert Schweitzer


A little more than the quote - I thought I'd share the journaling on this page:


In the world of art - whether it is photography, scrapbooking, art journaling, mixed media, or some other form, one important part of the process is the connections - meeting other people who share your interest and passion - people with whom you can share tips and ideas and who will provide support and encouragement when you share your art. I love the tribe of women I've "collected" on my blog - they keep me working even when I sometimes feel that "not good enough" gremlin sneaking back in and threatening to sideline me. I also love attending crops. It is so much fun to have others asking questions about my work - and being genuinely interested because I'm doing something so different and unexpected.

9 comments:

Jo.C said...

I love this - and great to see a Royal Mail sticker stamp on there. Great job x

debs14 said...

Brilliant art journal! and I noticed the Royal Mail sticker in there too.

scrappyjacky said...

This is wonderful,Cheri...you need to kick that gremlin into touch...your work is much more than 'good enough'.

Amy said...

The quote is beautiful. The Art Journal page is beautiful. The journaling is beautiful, and spot on as I really get where you are coming from and agree wholeheartedly!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful page! The sentiment in the journaling is a wonderful thing to capture - and the canvas a great place to capture it! I also love this quote. Happy weekend & Mother's Day!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the background in this.
Rinda

Karen said...

This is so beautiful, Cheri.

Ginger said...

Cheri your art journaling is beautiful! I really love this page.

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Love it!!!! xoxo