Friday, September 2, 2011

LOAD and LSNED - Day One

I'm not sure if I've ever started a class (set of classes) so thoroughly UNprepared!  I should have been gearing up for Mother LOAD during the first nine weeks, getting my game plan in order, knowing what I'd be scrapping during the 26 day challenge.  But not me!  I didn't do a single one of the assignments in the first nine weeks!

So here I am on Day 1 of a 26 day challenge to scrapbook a page a day... without a clue.  And yet I pulled it off!
With a 2 page 12x12 layout that has been in the back of my mind for awhile. Yep, the chocolate! It is a super simple collage of all the chocolate wrappers and then photos and journaling borrowed from my blog posts.  No embellishments necessary... good thing since there wasn't any room!

And for anyone new to my blog - you can read all about the chocolate adventure, including what is in the teeny tiny journaling, by simply clicking on the "Sarah in London" label at the end of this post.  It will bring up all of my posts about my Chocolate Around the World tasting adventure courtesy of my daughter Sarah.

I'm still unsure about participating in Learn Something New Every Day this year.  With LOAD (which I really want to do!) I just don't think I'll have the time to "create" anything additional.  But if a blurb on my blog counts... today I learned that having stuff pre-journaled in a blog post makes it really easy to cut and paste and throw together a passable layout in no time! Which makes me wonder... how many more great layouts are waiting in the archives of my blog???

10 comments:

Amy said...

I've used the blog a few times but would love to use it more .. really, they are ready made scrap pages! Good luck with LOAD - I've never done one before but they sound like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I know Ali E. uses her blog entries frequently for layouts, and it is a great idea, though I don't think I've ever done it.

Sian said...

What I do quite often is make a joliprint pdf of one of my posts with a story and then stick it on the back of the layout which goes with it. For some reason I find writing blog posts easier than journaling on pages, so it really suits me to do it this way round.

Best of luck with LOAD! I admire anyone who takes it on

scrappyjacky said...

I think my LSND is just going to be blogged....I may do a post once a week.

Unknown said...

Last year I did LSNED mostly via blog posts or a line at the end of a blog post. Well, the days I actually did it. LOL. This year I'm going to try and do something quick like an envelope book or something veddy simply veddy eezee. Love the layout, and I know there's more journaling/scrapbooking fodder in each of our blogs. That's part of why we write them, right? :)

Anonymous said...

What a good idea to use your blog entries for journaling and what a lovely double page too.

Denise said...

Just popping over from class-I'm blogging each day (hopefully)although I might have to add photos on pages later !

Melissa said...

I love that you've documented the chocolate adventure with a layout! I know I have a few stories lurking on my blog that I could turn into layouts, too.

Margaret said...

Looks like lots of fun over here! I like you're scrapbooking. It's a real art. THanks for visiting my blog a while back, and I'm sorry it took so long to return the visit.

Cheryl said...

I have only just been able to get back on the internet, but what a fab idea about using blog posts and what great pages x