I'm thinking about picking up this challenge from Lee's blog (ala Elsie Flanagan's blog). I decided to give it a go this month because it would be easy to draft... I could borrow from Lee's goals for September which were in perfect alignment with my own, with just a few minor tweaks.The Rules:
1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what i'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! i'll be doing this too!
- SCRAPBOOKING. Essentially, keep up with The MotherLOAD over at BPC, try to stay up-to-date with LSNED, and get fully involved in Album of Awesome which starts later this week. Knowing that any Awesome layouts I create would count toward LOAD actually gave me the freedom to go ahead and sign up for this class, even with everything else going on!
- CAMERA PLAY. Blow the dust off my Canon Digital Rebel. Spend some time playing with it so that I am once again familiar with the buttons and settings before the big World Wide Photo Walk on October 1st!
- CALENDAR. Organize the calendar through to Christmas. This means getting work travel on my personal calendar, kid's school activities on my work and personal calendars, checking out the S.U. website for Sarah's dates....
- PRINT. I've been meaning to do this forever. I bought 50 12x12 print credits from Scrapping Simply back in August of 2009 and haven't used them yet... yikes! I have a backlog of digi layouts waiting to be printed and just need to get it DONE!
In the meantime, I also have a September Goals layout, created for MotherLOAD (coming soon to a blog near you) which should keep me on track for daily goals.REWARD: I'm still trying to decide. If I get all this done, I'm thinking maybe the Cinch that hubby was going to give me for my birthday - until he found out that he would soon be unemployed, so the purchase got back-burnered. I also have a rather long list at Amazon, and would really like to own this book. So one or the other will be mine when this list is accomplished!!