Saturday, April 2, 2011

i.Scrap - the Ocean installment

i.Went to Ocean City, New Jersey.  I took this photo last year while on a family vacation to Ocean City.  I chose this photo because it really portrays how I feel when I stand by the ocean.  Can't you just hear the choir of angels singing?
journaling reads:  I went to Ocean City. The Jersey Shore has been the site of many happy family vacations. Many memories have been made there. But for me, the Jersey Shore is merely symbolic of my HAPPY place - which is pretty much any place there is ocean!

When you are driving into Ocean City, before you can even see the water, you can feel the change in humidity and smell the tang of the salt air. Arriving at the beach is like coming home.  I love the sound of the waves washing into shore, the gulls squawking overhead, and the warmth of the sun on my shoulders. Looking out over the ocean, seeing the horizon line so far off, watching the wave break on the rocks and then flow back out to sea, I can't help but feel the power and majesty of the ocean, the vastness of the Universe, the smallness of me.  Filled with wonder and awe, calm and serenity.  When I am at the ocean, all is right with the world.

12 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I feel very much like this about the beach/sea myself.

cia said...

so neat to see your i.scrap pages and with such beautiful handwriting. thanks for sharing.

Jo said...

Wow that is a a very dramatic and beautiful photo. I feel like I'm coming home when I get to the beach for almost all the same reasons as you. I love your journalling, thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

That is one amazing photo, Cheri!!! Thank you for sharing.

Melissa said...

Great pages - and that is an absolutely breathtaking photo.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photo Cheri, and great journaling. Oh I really must get my album finished (er ... started!)

Tammy said...

Beautiful photo! I love the beach too. I lived in FL for many years and while I didn't go to the beach that often, I always knew it was right there if I needed it. Love the water. :)

Tracy said...

Absolutely stunning photo!

alexa said...

Your journalling is really atmospheric and made me want to jump in the car and find some sea! (a long way away, alas!). Lovely ...

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about the ocean. We were just saying that we need a vacation on the beach; it's been several years. Ocean City was our first beach vacation when the kids were small.

Ginger said...

Love your photo! Although I love visiting the coast I cannot say I am an ocean girl... I have grown up on the prairies here in Canada and love the wide open spaces with big blue sky:)

humel said...

Love this SOOOO much! I love the sea myself, the photo is fabulous, and I love the page you've built around it xx